• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What happened to female v. in WC3 Editor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Anyone know why the female version of death knight, demon hunter and special model files (Kul'Tiras Jaina) is not in the editor? :(

First time using these forums btw, hoping it's the right place for this.

Level 1
Wow, that actually worked... wasn't aware this was an option. Do you know how to use the skin through the editor? Like if i want a custom hero to have the skin, it's not a selectable unitmodel in the object editor.

Level 8
I too am wondering how to use these skins as a custom hero's default. Some of them are awesome, but I can't figure out how to have a unit spawn in game using these skins. Is there a way to, for instance, have a hero trained with the "King Arthas Death Knight" (Uart) model?

Edit: I've found a trigger called "Unit - Set Unit Skin" that could be exactly what we're looking for, the only problem (to me, anyways) is that instead of using WC3's new unit code (Eg. Hpal, hrif, htow, etc) it is using integers. Any ideas on how to use this trigger properly?

Edit 2: Managed to get something working, it's sloppy but it'll do until someone informs me of a better way. What you do is have a Variable set to "Integer", have a unit already placed in-game using the skin that you want on the hero/unit, likely under the "Neutral Passive" player, and have these triggers set up (if you want the unit's skin to change upon being trained by a player). In the trigger, the "Undead transport ship" is using the Female Death Knight skin VIA double clicking the unit once it's placed in the map and changing the skin ID.

UnitSkinChange.jpg

Note: If you want the unit to spawn already in the map it's much easier and doesn't require the variables.

Last edited:
Level 2
I saw this thread and decided to see if i could find a way to do this.

From playing around i found that Daughter of the seas jaina skin's integer value is "1214931315"
you can get this by setting an integer variable to the skin ID of a unit that you have manually modified to use the skin you want (via double click on unit in editor) and then setting up a trigger to display the value as a text message to the player

Sadly this value is greater than the value you can manually enter into an integer variable (unless theres a way to make the manual input max value higher).

Below is the 3 actions i used to get the Skin ID and to get it to display the ID to the player (this requires that the unit be spawned at the start of the game so the triggers and get the id)

The first was used to get the Skin ID and save it as a variable
The last 2 actions was used to show me the Skin ID so i could copy it down.
Example.png

Edit:
After you get the Skin ID you can manually enter it into a String Variable and then convert that variable into an integer. Then you can use the Integer variable to Set the skin ID onto any unit you need
Example2.png

For OP:
Female Death knight Skin ID = "1432642918"

Last edited:
Level 9
Status
Not open for further replies.