• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

what for a modeling probram is the best

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
im will try to start to modeling but what is the best program to modeling?:confused:
or what you use?

Level 18
Yea, I've tried finding a proper 3Ds Max tutorial on youtube... 90% of all of them is a car crashing into a pile of boxes, where the person who made that tutorial only shows what to check, uncheck and select, but you have no idea what it actually does...

I'd like to use 3Ds Max if MilkShape doesn't let me convert to a Wc3 file...

PS: Could anyone refer me to a site that explains some modelling terms? I mean the usual tutorials are talking about Mesh and other terms, but if I got no idea what it is, I don't think I'll be able to make something decent...

Level 18
Well that's my problem: I don't have basic modelling techniques. I want to learn how to model properly, but tutorials generally presume you know the basics of modelling, like the terms. I don't know any of this. Everyone learned these kind of stuff from something or someone, so I'd like to learn it too.

Level 18
Ok, I will take a look at that when I'm home. Hopefully it'll be of use.

Autodesk tutorials are long, slow and inaccurate by default...

EDIT: I've tried to follow the tower tutorial, but it really got some big crap in it! So far I wasn't able to select anything of the tower with the Control Points thing, and now that stupid thing tells me to select the middle polygon on a roof that ain't there!
I'm absolutely sure that the last thing is not my fault, because it's in the second part of the tutorial and you can start off from that part with a file that already did everything in the first part. The only thing you do in part 2 before having to select this invisible polygon is isolate a Mullion of the tower, so there's no way this is my fault.

And this tutorial is just like all Autodesk tutorials I was talking about: After hours of work, you can't repeat anything you've just wasted your time on, because most of the stuff are useless options that only confuse and there are loads of options of which you've got no idea what they're supposed to do. All it says is 'Check this box' and 'Set that value to x'...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.