• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Weird issues with Windows 11 (System requirements not met)

Level 29
So, I decided to use my computer again. I'm currently using Windows 11 64-Bit (22000) then I noticed that my system doesn't met the requirements.
This was indicated by a strange message on the bottom right corner of the desktop. I went to the Settings and the same message also appears below the name of my computer.
Is there any way to remove those pesky messages? Or I must upgrade the whole thing?

My system specifications:
Intel Core i5 8400 2.80GHz (6C/6T)
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB
8GB DDR4 RAM

Problem Win 11 New II.jpg

Problem Win 11 New II 2.jpg

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
What does the "Learn more" button say?

It could as simple as the TPM module is currently disabled in the UEFI ("BIOS"). Might also be something like driver level virtualisation or other security features are disabled. As the 8th gen processors pre-dated Windows 11 it is possible you need to perform a UEFI update so that the TPM is compatible with Windows 11.

Level 29
What does the "Learn more" button say?

It could as simple as the TPM module is currently disabled in the UEFI ("BIOS"). Might also be something like driver level virtualisation or other security features are disabled. As the 8th gen processors pre-dated Windows 11 it is possible you need to perform a UEFI update so that the TPM is compatible with Windows 11.
For the first question, it redirects me to this thread:

I don't know about that thread from the official Microsoft, but it's simply installing Windows 11 on a system whose minimum requirements don't met.
I tried to use the Secure Boot for this system, but didn't work. I went to BIOS, switching from CSM (Legacy) to UEFI because my motherboard had both of them. However, when I activated the Secure Boot, my system redirects me to BIOS screen, thinking that I don't have an existing OS.
Also, I provided an exact picture about my system specification from DXDIAG (marked in red box). I can't take a screenshot for the CPUID CPU-Z about motherboard and processor because of unknown errors.

Attachments

• DXDIAG WIN11.jpg
    DXDIAG WIN11.jpg
    376.1 KB · Views: 11

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Check your system has an appropriate TPM 2.0 or better.

If it does then enable the secure boot stuff. This guide from Microsoft might help with the process.

If that does not work you might need to clean install Windows 11 with secure boot enabled.

If you just want the annoying watermark to go away, it seems it can be turned off. This is either done via a group policy as explained in the link below, or it seems a registry setting can be used for a similar effect. As you are using the pro edition of Windows 11 you should be able to use the group policy approach. Be aware that disabling the watermark will not make your system suddently meet the requirements, it is purely hiding the watermark informing you that it does not.

Level 2
Open Disk Management. Locate the disk with System Reserved and C: partitions, and then where it says Disk 0, Disk 1 etc, right-click and select Properties from the menu.

In the Properties window, go to the Volumes tab, and see what Partition style you have. It needs to be GPT if you want to use UEFI.

Level 29
Sorry for my late posts. I don't reply this thread for 6 months because of my personal reasons.
Unfortunately, I can't activate the Secure Boot right now because there is a weird issues with my hardware.
First, both Disk 0 and Disk 1 are only made in MBR format instead of GPT.
Second, when I check on System Information, there is a "Secure Boot Support" thing and it says "Unsupported".
Is this means my motherboard doesn't have TPM 2.0? I got this whole system in 2019, while I'm using 120GB SSD and 2TB HDD.
MBR Disk 1.jpg

MBR Disk 2.jpg

Unsupported Secure Boot.jpg

Level 2
UEFI (with Secure boot) has been the standard for a while now (way before 2019). System Information will be showing you how it is currently setup, not how it could be setup. With few exceptions Secure Boot is not compatible with boot disks using MBR.

TMP 2.0 has nothing to do with Secure boot and should be present on 2019 system (it was release in 2014).

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
First, both Disk 0 and Disk 1 are only made in MBR format instead of GPT.
You will probably need to reinstall your operating system on them so they are GPT. There might be a way to convert them to GPT but that is likely non-trivial so an OS reinstall might be the safest bet if you back up your personal data. When doing the reinstall, enable secure boot in the UEFI.