• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Weird Camera Bug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
I've encountered a very weird Camera bug here. My DEFAULT camera(both in-game/editor) are now permanently ZOOMED out. I cannot use my mouse to scroll in or scroll out over large distances. I can adjust the camera settings(manually via the View tab) to zoom it back in but it screws up the textures. I have no idea what i did but this happened after i finished creating a custom unit in the Object Editor. I've tried the following possible solutions but none of them worked:

1) Deleting all custom data and triggers.
2) Adjusting default camera settings.
3) Saving as another map.
4) Restarting the Editor.
5) Creating a new map and reimporting the data.

Note that this bug only appears in my map. It does not appear in any newly created map. Additionally, trigger actions affecting cameras are also affected. I've originally had a camera system that follows a unit which worked perfectly fine until the bug appeared.

Has anyone encountered this bug before? Your help is greatly appreciated. ><

EDIT: I've managed to reset the view in the Editor but the in-game view is still screwed up, even with all triggers deleted!

Last edited:
Level 10
After some messing around i FINALLY found out the reason how(though i'm not to clear WHY it happened) the camera got screwed up. The thing happened because i removed all terrain(it was a space map based off the Space Platform textures). I initially had some terrain so the bug didn't occur earlier but when i cleared everything then the bug occured. weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.