• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Website

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 28
Uhh, I don't think this is the place to ask for websites...
This is called the "World Editor Help Zone", for people who need help with the world editor (hence the name...).
Websites have nothing to do with the world editor.

Either way, this could help: link.

The first few searches:

Good websites cost money, so unless you're willing to spend some, that's a no-no.
You'll have to do with these :D

Vunjo

Hosted Project: SC
Level 14
Ok, I think that it will help. Also, just to ask 1 more thing. I have 7 PCs at home, so I can easly make a site on the lamest one, and keep it online 24 Hours a day? Will that be free, and unique? Also, do I have to talk to some guys for it?
Thanks.

Level 28
It won't be "free", no :p
You or your parents have to pay for electricity :|

Apart from that, I know a lot of people use Freeforums.org.
If I get your other question correctly: you don't need to talk to anyone for it, you just need to create an account at one of the sites and you can start your own website.
Of course, you might want to get some people to help you setting up the site (how it looks, discussions etc).

Level 13
not just electricity but a URL as well.
URL is as cheap as $4 if not lower a month
You're best chance would be godaddy.com is like $3 a month but you have to pay for 3 years than just whatever the prices for storage size.
1 Year Domain Name Registration = $2.20
1 Year hosting:
$5.06/mo - 3 Months
$4.05/mo - 12 Months - Save 20%
$3.54/mo - 24 Months - Save 30%
$3.03/mo - 36 Months - Save 40%

So one year comes to like $55 or so
Three years comes to less than $150 (BEST WAY TO GO!)

Sorry if this counts as advertisement not trying to just giving him the facts.

Myself I use a site for a free site and forumotion.com for a free forum and have them connected through links so people can do back and forth between them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.