• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Weapon help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I need help by getting my model seen. like when you obtain an item there will spawn a shield sword staff and such in your hand. can anyone tell me how i can make that pls?

Level 37
Download a weapon model and import it to your map. Create a custom item. Then you can use

• Untitled Trigger 050
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Acquires an item
    • Conditions
      • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to *your item*
    • Actions
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the left hand of (Triggering unit) using Thunderbolt_hammer2.mdx
But this can cause troubles if you have many of such items etc. if you don't know how to manage that kind of a system.

Another option is to give the item an ability that does nothing, but attaches some art to the caster, edit the attachment point in object editor.

Level 2
Download a weapon model and import it to your map. Create a custom item. Then you can use

• Untitled Trigger 050
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the left hand of (Triggering unit) using Thunderbolt_hammer2.mdx
But this can cause troubles if you have many of such items etc. if you don't know how to manage that kind of a system.

Another option is to give the item an ability that does nothing, but attaches some art to the caster, edit the attachment point in object editor.

Uhm thx could you tell me how i can make it with abilitys and buffs? i tried but it didnt work...

Level 2

• Untitled Trigger 050
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions

Well nvm thx alot! i managed to do it! thx thx thx! :3

Level 6
you can add model within the object editor you just need to add an ability with the desired model to the Item, u can also jsut add it to any ability so that when the ability has been cast the models spawns. you can add models to spells under object editor -> abilities -> art-target this is the model that will get added to the hero just under there is something called art target attachment point, this is where the model will get added. the attachment points can be 1 of the following: Left Hand, Left Foot, Left Arm, Left Leg, Origin, Torso, Chest, Head, Overhead, Right Hand, Right Arm, Right Foot, and Right Leg. and of course u can add the model to more than just one attachment point.

Level 6
if you've added the models to the spell on the items through the object editor, art-target the models should be removed when you drop the items. if this isnt the case tell me, i make you a map showing you how to do it then.

Status
Not open for further replies.