• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

WE value question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Is there somewhere I can find a description of what each of the fields do? For example, I am looking at DataC1, DataA1, etc. and have no clue what they do. In addition, on the hero damage area, I had thought you put ranged units damage in the secondary spot (now I know that is not the case but learned that through trial and error).

Thanks,
Sort

Level 3
Muahahahaha!!! I found out something!!! When you're in the Object Editor, go to the Abilities section, and then

View --> Display Values As Raw Data

You'll see all the fields labled differently, especially those that denote spell damage or duration, etc.

In the spell tooltips, it'll usually have something like <AHtb,DataA1>. The first part of that notation (part before the comma) denotes which spell to take the data from. The second part (part after the comma) denotes what part of the spell to take the data from.

In the example I typed out, that is from Storm Bolt. The capital "A" means that it's an ABILITY you're dealing with. The second letter, in this case a capital "H", tells the race that the spell is coming from, ie: Humans. The next two letters denote the skill. "tb" is derived from Storm Bolt's order string "thunderbolt".

In the second part, DataA1 refers to the Damage field for the skill. If you take some time to toggle the Display Values As Raw Data View, you should be able to find out what each of those notations mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.