• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Wc3sear.ch Style

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Cool, it will surely keep the sear.ch lovers very content.

Level 32
The Night Elf / Wc3sear style is, in my opinion, our most important style. The front page and resource sections use it and many, many users (myself included) are long familiar with its appearance.

Some time ago the garish white text was replaced by the current tan, making this style far easier on the eyes. The time stamps changing to royalblue were also an good improvement.

I miss the former classy gold "go to post" icons, I'm not quite adjusted to the new bright yellow arrows yet.

The site new navigation menu certainly reminds many of we imported users of old times: it's a helpful alternative, but I would NOT like to loose ANY of the vBulletin navigation features on which I have come to rely.

My main concern is that the BIDVERTISER banner seems to have been reduced in size: users that might wish to browse away from the site now have fewer choices (although I really, REALLY like the fact that those outside links now open in new windows).

Last edited:
Level 32
Since the Darky style nav bar is just text (and is therefore very lite on browser resources) you might as well throw in as many links as possible:
[off-topic]

[broke= + REP !]BTW Ralle[/broke]

On the other hand, if we lose any of our handy vBuelletin navigation features, I'm gong to slap you with an infraction and neg rep you for trashing our site. :p

Redundancy is good (IMO). NOT having to scroll to the very top of the page is even better.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Well this is and will be my new standard theme, I like it. And goes best with my new color on my name.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 24
i prefer the gray w/ blue gem arrows to the current big yellow ones. also, for a while we had different smilies available.

P.S: am i talking about a different style than the default?

Level 36
Uh... that makes very little sense. It has more links, but the banner is completely gone, and the banner should take far longer to load then some extra links. There must be something up with your connection, because theoretically it should load a teeny bit faster (for those on highspeed) and a pretty good amount faster for those on dial up.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Resources

Something just came to my attention; we no longer need the Resources thing on the Table. Now that we have the wc3search style, we no longer need most of the things on the table.

Just remember to add and update certain things, such as:
  • The Search System;
  • Change WarCraft Top 200 for something to Vote for the Hive, or simply add another button;
  • The forum Home;
  • Separate the Resource Section Items from the others. Such as, putting Maps, Skins, Models, Spells and Tools (and maybe Tutorials) on the top right, and the other buttons on the top left.
  • For newcomers, a Introduce Yourself Here! button until they make their first post (be it in Introduction Forum or not);
  • The Members of the Hive Workshop Staff (Referring to the View Forum Leaders button)

Level 32
My own opinion differs a bit.

On the other hand, if we lose any of our handy vBuelletin navigation features, I'm gong to slap you with an infraction and neg rep you for trashing our site. :p

Redundancy is good (IMO). NOT having to scroll to the very top of the page is even better.

"Redundancy is good (IMO). NOT having to scroll to the very top of the page is even better."
  • For newcomers, a Introduce Yourself Here button
Another outstanding idea courtesy of Rui! We need to put our heads together with the Chieftain on the methods/options for welcoming our newest friends.
Maybe you should merge this thread with Wc3.search Style thread.
Done!

Last edited:
Level 15
ow, I am taking 1,20 minute to open pages on the Hive =/
Edit: Instead of the 40 secs on the older skin

It takes 80 seconds to load a forum page?

That's quite a long time.

It's only taking me less than a second. Are you sure your computer is in good shape and your internet connection isn't saturated by a bittorrent download, or something of the sort?

Level 18
I don't like the style
Wc3Sear.ch is dead
Let it lie
This is a new home, new face for Warcraft modding
Make it unique

And on a side note, need anyone to go through old skins that were uploaded from wc3sear.ch and pick out crappy ones?

Level 36
Alas, you have wrecked Workshop too >.> Ralle, I think it's fine if you want to make the WC3Sear style like WC3sear again, however, I don't think that you should go ruining other perfectly good themes in order to better suite the needs of all the whiners and cry babies from wc3sear.ch

99% of the other themes are in disrepair because the admins that created them, Bob27 and Daelin, are both Missing in Action, MIA.

Level 36
Well, seeing as he hasn't posted in.... ages.... I would declare him dead, were it not for his periodic visits. He's never on MSN any more either... the bastard...

Regardless, themes need fixing, and Workshop needs to be restored to it's former glory. Banner= good, make it right again!

Status
Not open for further replies.