• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

wc3sear.ch Hosting Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
As you probably know, Darky is in need of more money to pay for the extra 2 gigs of server space, any Ideas on how this can be handled besides google ads and donations?

Perhaps it is possible for wc3sear.ch to get a sponcer!..

Probably not... Please donate if you have the money!
Just a dolar would help A LOT!

PS: wc3sear.ch is growing, with many more files per day, if you do not help pay for hosting, the server will run out of space eventually anyways.

Level 9
Forgive me for this but who do you think you are seriously,

As you probably know, Darky is in need of more money to pay for the extra 2 gigs of server space, any Ideas on how this can be handled besides google ads and donations?

Perhaps it is possible for wc3sear.ch to get a sponcer!..

Probably not... Please donate if you have the money!
Just a dolar would help A LOT!

Dont you think that we know of this problem? Many of us would by as many chances as we could donate to relive Darky of the weight on his shoulders, I have said many time before that i would in anyway possible donate to this site and its people if for 1. i had enough money to support 2. if i was old enough to get a key card for my bank account etc etc so please we are trying to come up with something. If you look at the comments on that subject then you would see that.

Regards,
Damned-Dragon

Level 3
that made no sense draco, and i'm just trying to help and alert people if they don't take time to read the news on the front page, also to get ideas of how i can help because i do not have a credit card in order to donate for i am only 14

don't smite me for trying to help, this site is very useful and i'd like to to stay alive

Level 9
ok im starting to get sick of you game slave and draco makes a hell lot of sense
obviously alot more people have been around here before you so the bottom line is
we know whats going on you dont have much of a clue cause your litraly a newb
besides people do read the news front thingy
in this forum Oz02 has made a sticky about the google donating

Level 3
you're not doing much to help either buddy, i'm just f*cking trying, not saying it'll do anything, but i'm TRYING.

PS: if you're not going to post anything related to the topic that i have set, do not post here, and i am aware that i am new to this community, and that many people have been here longer than me. please refrain from being immature :(

Level 9
Look im 14 going 15 on the 24th so even then i cant donate money unless my parents do it for me, and yes i realise that you are trying to help and also alert people because you certainly got my attention didnt you. We have had this conversation many many times on how we can help support darky to keep this site alive at the moment yes sure this IS a bit different to just normal donating because as darky said it is about $2000 extra per year unless people start donating or another host is found to even out the stuff on here. There has been quite a few different suggestions e.g. Bit torrent.

Level 3
i got an idea.. i don't know if anyone would like it though... we could remove all avatar and sig graphics which would probably greatly reduce the space because of how many people have avatars and sigs... sorry if it's a stupid idea, but if it would save us any space i think it'd be worth it

Level 9
hmm yes its a good idea but i dont think alot of people would take to it kindly. You never know, these are the sorts of things that would be good to suggest to everyone and have their opinion. Yo ben dont worry about it now its ova with :)

Level 9
hmm yes good idea but that means the only way to show people (if that be your desire) is by using the hubb or your other many branches off fulgrim

Level 15
DD_Draco said:
hmm yes good idea but that means the only way to show people (if that be your desire) is by using the hubb or your other many branches off fulgrim

Look at it this way. I spend time and effort to make something. If someone wants that, they have to click a couple of links to download it. If they are too lazy to do that, then why the hell should I care?

Too many noobs here upload shit thinking its some gallery system, or having the most files hosted gets them some kind of retard credit. Your line of thinking 'way to show people' is the problem.

Level 3
How much would making the general site graphics help, because this site takes more time to load than most I know of, and I'm wondering exactly why, also hoping it's the stuff that's unneccessary, put probably not.

Status
Not open for further replies.