• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WC3 Model Editor Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
So I've been trying the make power generators of different colors than the red and blue ones that exist, and I'm running into the issue of having the original model's color glow after I've replaced all of the textures and changed everything that emitted a red light to emit green light. It'd be nice to find out what I missed so I can use the knowledge for future edits.

Attachments

• GreenGenerator.mdx
    38.3 KB · Views: 97
  • GreenGenerator.BLP
    67.6 KB · Views: 90
  • Shockwave_green.BLP
    5.3 KB · Views: 70

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

You forgot to add a Filter Mode to the material of the green glow.

EDIT: oh, wait, that was not the issue, moment

Okay I found the problem, the geoset animation of the green glow uses a red colour, change it to green to make it appear.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

This model does not appear green for you, but having a red glow ?

I just did what I said before.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 3
Hi! I know its years later, you may not even be active anymore.
I swear I've seen a blue generator in one of the campaigns or something, but I cant find it anywhere in the map editor or any mpq files, and I cant find much online (I mean this thread from 6 years ago was the top result). Do you happen to remember where the blue generator is located? Thank you so much!

Btw your green generator looks great!

Hi! I know its years later, you may not even be active anymore.
I swear I've seen a blue generator in one of the campaigns or something, but I cant find it anywhere in the map editor or any mpq files, and I cant find much online (I mean this thread from 6 years ago was the top result). Do you happen to remember where the blue generator is located? Thank you so much!

Btw your green generator looks great!
The blue one is a doodad model not a unit model, so it's model should be there and it's just called Power Generator.

However for future reference you shouldn't necro a post. Instead make a new one with your question :)

Status
Not open for further replies.