• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Crash] WC3 crashes after quitting from map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Whenever someone quits from Scoreboard screen or alr+f4 game seems to crash (without giving error, just freezes on black screen)
I am pretty sure I am removing every leak from unit/player groups, special effect and location.
What else should I look for?

Things that I have in my map but unsure if they might be a problem:

I have a trigger that runs every 0.3 seconds, it picks every character from unit group and does actions:
  • Unit Group - Pick every unit in Heroes and do (Actions)
Whenever someone picks character its added to Heroes group, repicking removes old character from that group. (Not sure if having 1 unit group thats I am reusing causes leak)

2.Tons of wait functions, mostly not in spells. If they are inside spell I made sure to use local caster.

3. 4 triggers that run every 0.3 seconds based on Max, Cur integers. I made sure they are turned off whenever they are not used.

• Player Group - Pick every player in Watchers and do (Actions)
    • Loop - Actions
      • Set Player = (Picked player)
      • Custom script: if GetLocalPlayer() == udg_Player then
      • Custom script: call StartSound(gg_snd_Hint)
      • Custom script: endif

Last edited:
Level 39
Nothing in 1-3 should be a problem at all. What are you trying to accomplish with 4? You're playing the sound for everyone after playing it for only the players in Watchers.

Do you have custom game description text (what you see below the map image in the lobby) that exceeds the normal length? Borking this UI frame is possible but it results in a similar crash on map exit.

Level 5
Nothing in 1-3 should be a problem at all. What are you trying to accomplish with 4? You're playing the sound for everyone after playing it for only the players in Watchers.

Do you have custom game description text (what you see below the map image in the lobby) that exceeds the normal length? Borking this UI frame is possible but it results in a similar crash on map exit.

I made mistake while posting trigger, last line of StartSound is not there.

My description is pretty short it doesnt exceed nomal length for sure.

Is there a list of things that are potential problem for crash on map exit?

(Checked some other posts, its not imports in my case - only empty dummy model is imported)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.