• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Wc3 crash after several minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I was going to test my map, after several minutes the game crash and showed this error message. This happens everytime I run the map.
img_20191221_135142-jpg.343088

The map is 480x480, +300mb, and have several triggers. Could it be that the triggers leaked?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
What version and build of WC3 is being used?

With 1.31 the x86 build is prone to crashing due to running out of virtual memory address space while the x86-64 build is prone to crashing when using above 2GB of virtual memory space due to porting bugs.

1.32 only offers x86-64 and has fixed most of the bugs from 1.31. However it has its own stability issues at times.

Level 7
Can you attach the map?
Okay I will soon enough. :)

What version and build of WC3 is being used?
1.26 and for the editor I used UMSWE. Oh yeah, my UMSWE somehow can't do jass(I mean everytime I try to save a jass code, the map will not run on game)

Max map size is 128mb, not 300mb, could that be it?
It is ~256 MB I thought, and was only a limit for multiplayer.
Wow that is new info for me. How about the limit for a singleplayer map? Cause my map is a singleplayer map.

Thx :3
Edit: oh yes, does intel celeron, 2GB, and intel hd graphics could cause the problem?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
1.26 and for the editor I used UMSWE. Oh yeah, my UMSWE somehow can't do jass(I mean everytime I try to save a jass code, the map will not run on game)
Try using 1.31 (at time of posting). Older versions are not really supported.
Wow that is new info for me. How about the limit for a singleplayer map? Cause my map is a singleplayer map.
That limit is only for new versions of Warcraft III.

Single player is limited to ~2 GB, passed which point the MPQ version used to pack maps breaks.
Edit: oh yes, does intel celeron, 2GB, and intel hd graphics could cause the problem?
Yes it could cause the crash. 2 GB is not very much memory in 2019.

Status
Not open for further replies.