• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

wc3 color codes --> RGB?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hi, I've been searching around but I cannot find what I'm looking for. I have color codes in tooltips (for example |cff00c850) that I want to make RGB to use in floating text, how can I do this?

Level 13
|c indicates that a hexadecimal color code is about to start. The first two characters define the alpha amount, though alpha is not yet supported by Warcraft - just leave it as FF. The rest defines the Red, Green, and Blue colors, respectively.

So, to convert Hex code to RGB, you can use third-party softwares, like image editors (photoshop), or even sites like this one. Don't forget to exclude the first 4 characters from Warcraft 3's hex code. E.g. |cff00c850 --> 00c850 --> rgb(0,200,80)

Last edited:
Level 8
HTML Color Picker
This simple tool will allow you to pick a color from a visual color palette and get to know the hex code for that color. It's entirely web-based, so you don't need to install any software or whatever. I think that makes it quite accessible.

Status
Not open for further replies.