• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WC freezing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hello.
I have a new pc build with fresh installed WC3 (and everything else).
Now, when i play wc3 my screen often freezes for a couple of seconds and i dont know how to fix it, i dont know what could be the exact reason. My connection has always been great. Before this new build i was always one of those ppl that never lagged/freezed in games even with my 12 year old desktop (which is gone now).
Also, since i havent played another game i dont know if this same issue will occur in other games...

Could the cause be hardware related?....

Any ideas what could the cause be? all welcomed!

thank u!

Level 1
@Daffa the Mage windows 10.

@Kam yes... my drivers are up to date, at least thats what windows 10 says...

After contacting with my internet provider for about a week... They came up with the conclusion that the connection itself is fine and the problem probably lies on the router. So in 2 days they will send me a new one. Hopefully router will be the source of the problem.

Level 1
Update:

Router wasnt the source of the problem... :(
I will test different OS and see what happens. If that doesnt fix it either then it might be hardware... But which hardware? motherboard?

Level 1
Last update:

@Kam. You were right.... although me being stubborn took me too long to try out that solution.. -_-
I updated my motherboard's drivers manually from the official site and problem solved... I feel so stupid, i mean, win 10 would tell me everything is up to date/newest installations etc....

Sorry for the hassle guys and thank you!

Level 2
Hi all!
I don t want to create a new thread just for my problem so I post here(I am sorry if I made a mistake) But maybe someone is willing to help me with a problem.
Yesterday I just updated windows 10 to it`s latest version and after the update i can t play warcraft 3 anymore
The game doesn t launch at all.I double click the executable and nothing happens at all.
Before the update I was able to play the game with no problems.
I mention that I tried that compatibility mode thing and I had no succes
If someone had the same problem maybe he could share me his solutions?
Thank you in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.