• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warriors Way

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
It is a campaign inspired from the time i was seven and i played in the forest with my friend. The levels are short. There are no base constructing levels. You can play every level you want from the start, but please try to play them in the right order. I did this alone and this is my first campaign. Please comment

Keywords:
Warrior, Defense, Story
Contents

Warriors Way (Campaign)

Reviews
15:25, 29th Aug 2008 Septimus: Quality is very low, but seems to be acceptable. http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/798870-post4.html Update it and fix all those bug, if there is too many user complain about it. I would reject it right away.

M

15:25, 29th Aug 2008
Septimus: Quality is very low, but seems to be acceptable.

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/798870-post4.html

Update it and fix all those bug, if there is too many user complain about it. I would reject it right away.

Level 5
The terrain of your maps is well done but the heros are weak and their skills are not effective. The story is always the same, kill troll and goblins or Defend the village against them (or caravan). Ive seen that when the elder or other people talk they says it twice.

Level 2
Here's an unoffical review.
[+] Terrain is good.
[+] Campaign format, good to see.
[/] Almost no customization.
[/] The interludes waste file size and do not help.
[-] SPELLING, learn how to use a dictonary.
[-] The story line jumps a LOT.
[-] The heros, at the start are REALLY weak, a milita killed more than I did.
[-] The triggers are designed for a single unit, so as the two heros walk over the trigger 'area' it activates twice.
[-] Boundaries? You can just skip most of the second map by running left, grabbing the horses and running away.
[-] The hero abilites are POINTLESS, you never reach past lvl 15.
[-] The abilities don't get affected by leveling past level 3.

I don't think this will ever get approved in it's current state, I would give it a 1/5, if you put some REAL effort into it, it might get 3/5. I liked that you made the terrain decent, but you could have linked the maps, or just have it one large map. Reflect on my review and make changes. It works, but it's quality is poor.

Level 31
Review
Notice & Contact
This map had been examined by Alexis Septimus.
If you think this map review is not accurate or require another review, feel free to contact Alexis Septimus. But, map would only be

review again for second time and also for the last time unless under certain circumstances. It would be selfish to request constantly a mod/admin to keep

review your map as there is many other maps waiting for approval as well.

However, if you still insist of another review after it had been review for second time. Feel free to contact other admin.

To contact Alexis Septimus, please click this

new_mail.png
Visitor

Map Review
1) Terrain - Good (4)
2) Trigger - Horrible (1)
3) Minor Error - Horrible (1)
4) Major Error - Horrible (1)
5) Replay Value - Horrible (1)
6) Fun factor/gameplay - Horrible (1)
7) Use of imported material -
8) Single player - Average (3)
9) AI support - Horrible (1)
10) Camera - Horrible (1)
11) Originality - Good (4)
12) File Size - Excellent (5)
13) Internet/LAN Friendly -
14) Balancing - Average (3)
15) Packaging - Bad (2)
16) Credits -
17) Storyline - Bad (2)
18) Theme - Bad (2)
19) Protection - Excellent (5)
20) Quality - Bad (2)
21) Description/Information/Detail - Bad (2)
22) Hiveworkshop rules & regulation - Excellent (5)
23) Game Mode - Horrible (1)
24) Function - Horrible (1)
25) Unit Placement - Horrible (1)

Total Accumulation Point : 49/115 * 100 + (-10) (Review) = 32.60

[+] -
[!] - Terrain look good, but lack of natural feeling such as having no wild animal like stag, rabbit or frog.
[-] - Camera stay lock at the same position during cinematic. (Chapter 1)
[-] - There is no loading screen.
[-] - All trigger leak, but since this is single player. I think it is fine.
[-] - The game text doesn't appear everytime the Elder warn the incoming enemy.
[-] - There is no difficulty setting.
[-] - Player should have the option to select the skill they want and not making the skill have been learn.
[-] - There is no timer indicate how long is needed to defense the village. (Chapter 1)
[-] - Unit placement is very bad, those allies unit guarding the village been place too close to one another. Rendering unit unable to

move out of the village. (Chapter 1)
[-] - Typo error found, you mistype "Fireballs" as "Firebolls"
[-] - Some skill doesn't have hotkey
[-] - Killing those enemy doesn't earn gold. (Chapter 1)
[-] - The only item I could find at chapter 1 is potion of healing.
[-] - Major bug found, if the hero is dead before the victory cinematic end, the game is over. (Chapter 1)
[-] - When player click continue for the victory dialog, it should go to score list and then continue to chapter 2. Not go back to main

screen.

Review : After I play the 1st chapter, there is a lot of bug which completely ruined the fun of it.

There is also a horrible cinematic mode where those camera just stay lock into 1 position all the time.

And there is no diffulcty setting.

The quality of this campaign is bad, it make people lost interest after playing the 1st chapter.

Although the quality is poor, but it seems to be acceptable.

Another -10 point for this map.

Septimus Score System
Awful: 1-10
Unacceptable : 11-30
Lacking : 31-49
Useful : 50-69
Recommend : 70-90
Highly Recommend : 91-100
Director Cut : 101-105
Sub-Zero : 106+
Rating & Miscellaneous information
Score - 33/100
Rating - 2/5
Condition - Poor
Status - Approve
Review - 1
Reminder
The map might not be fully tested, if any user of the map found bug/error or anything else.
Feel free to contact Alexis Septimus by clicking this

new_mail.png
Visitor