• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warlock wannabe introducing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hello!

I got into editing warcraft 3 maps simply because I was bored and wanted to play through a short RPG. I liked the Founding of Durotar, but I wanted a different experience, so I fumbled around until I had created a clone of this campaign, except I replaced Rexxar with a simple Warlock type hero.

Unsatisfied with his abilities, I began researching triggers and how to add more abilities, design custom abilities and spellbooks, custom summoned units and so on. I almost went so far as having a nearly completed clone of the Warlock class from WoW.

I canned that project when I couldn't figure out how to get the submap transitions to work. I inserted my hero into Warchasers instead, blew through that map single player with all the new abilities I had created, then deleted everything and forgot all about editing Warcraft 3 maps.

That was years ago. Now I'm back for more.

edit: I mostly enjoy single player games. I dislike when people protect their maps. If I find a map I like to play, I want to be able to customise it to my liking and learn from it.

I mostly enjoy single player games. I dislike when people protect their maps. If I find a map I like to play, I want to be able to customise it to my liking and learn from it.

People protect their maps to stop other wise-asses from stealing content and claiming it as theirs. Of course, most map-makers would give you snippets of their map so you can learn from them ^.^

----
Oh, and welcome to the hive! :D
Enjoy your stay bro ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.