• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warhammer: Spawn based -details inside-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Warhammer: Storm of Chaos! [Two more members needed]

Warhammer: Storm of Chaos!

Note: Any further details on the project will be kept on the website that this will be developed at. This is to decrease the chances of a similar project popping up with ideas that will be used for this map.

Hello there, I am Ethien on U.S. [East]. I've been involved in the Lord of the Rings community for two years or so and have become quite the avid player. This of course means that I've come to put spawn based games at the top of my favorites, with me playing Warhammer: Winds of Magic, War of the Jewels, The Second Age, etc.

Warhammer: BattleCry and Warhammer: Winds of Magic are both well made games, each with their own perks and highlights. However, any updates have been largely missing and game play itself is largely incomplete, in my opinion of a Warhammer fan.

Now to get off of my tangent and get to the point. My goal is to create a map with a team that appeals to the lore of that fictional universe and tune to the tastes of spawn based fans.

What do I need in order for this project to begin?

1.) Triggerer
2.) Model/skin modder.

I'm currently plotting out the nations, units, heroes, etc in my journal. If this gets off, then I will return here and hopefully find others who are interested or be able to ask among my friends who could lend their skills.

Notes about myself: Of course people do not want to work with a maniacal egotist or power hungry Nazi. I can describe myself simply as easy to work with. I currently lead a Warhammer Online regiment that will be seeing beta soon, so this map will be great fun to make to me.

A site will be used for this.

Team [Examples of work MUST be shown]

1.) Ethien - Lead Designer
2.) Sapphy - Unit customization, balance, spells, tooltips, etc.
3.) SinkingCorsair - Terrainer
4.) Boush - Photo shop user
5.) - Modeler
6.) - GUI user
7.) overload119 - JASS user

What's being done now?

I'm currently going through my books, online resources and such for information about the Empire. I'm looking through the units for the miniatures for the Empire of Warhammer Fantasy, using these as units for the Empire. It's my goal to keep in consistence with the tabletop game.

I'm currently obtaining whatever rule books I can, in order to get a vast list of units that can be selected from. This way there will not be the same, bland units around during later tiers.

I'm finished with the draft layout of Orcs & Goblins heroes, abilities, units, etc. SinkingCorsair has already begun the terrain, where the landmasses are put into place.

Now I'm working on Empire/Chaos.

Last edited:
Level 2
Update/ Bump.

What left is needed?

1.) Model/skin modder.

6/7 spots currently filled for this team. Our terrainer will begin on the content tomorrow, which means I'll be discussing with Sapphy about game play mechanics, triggers, heroes, units, and other important matters concerning the map.

Last edited:
Level 9
Here is a map I've been working on.

Most of it is in JASS, or atleast everything that needs to be. I made the map 100% from scratch and all by myself. It features custom functions that make mapping a lot easier.

I'd be interested in helping in anything.

Attachments

• IslandofDespair.w3x
    171.9 KB · Views: 116
Level 2
I'm heading to sleep now. I've written over ten pages of content for units, heroes, items, spells, etc in my journal. I'll be going through other army books tomorrow.

Edit: Orcs & Goblins are now completed. I'm currently getting more army books, then I'll work on Chaos/Empire in more depth. I'm about 80% done with them both.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.