• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Warhammer Online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Is it any good? I re-read Codex: Armageddon (wow that's version 3 =D) and i might get back into 40k.

Level 24
I've seen the Trailor for it, and like the wow one. Not a single thing from the actual game. It annoys me alot when people make trailors like that, because its impossible to judge how good the game will be. (Wows a perfect example of this, Wow had a trailer like that and I hate WoW:))

Level 24
Ok I will admit the game itself is pretty good, but what I really hate about WoW is the community. There was something on TV about someone here in Brisbane who spends at least 16 hours a day on average playing WoW non stop, and some times he dosn't even sleep and plays for 2 days straight. He lost all his friends in real life, and now only has friends in the game. His personality changed as well, and he became more agressive because of the game. Some kid even jumped of a building because of the game, saying that he wants to join the heros from Warcraft or something like that in a suicidel note. Some person from Asia died in a Internet Cafe because he played WoW non stop without eating or sleeping. I don't know about you but I for one do not want to play with people who are addicted to WoW so much.

Level 7
thats just some people. they are so insane they would do crap like that from a different game if they didnt have WoW. Asians die all the time in internet cafes because they as a culture are addicted to video games (probably because their culture requires so much hard work out of them that when they get a chance to play video games for free or even get paid for it their like, "Wow, screw working for a living").
As for the guy that wanted to join the heros from Warcraft, i can assure you he was mentally unstable. He wouldnt kill himself to join the heros of warcraft, he killed himself because he probably lacked friends in real life and his parents probably didnt show him much love. he finds a game that he loves (world of warcraft), plays it non stop because he finds that the characters in it are true heros and then as he loses his grip on sanity he decides he doenst want to live in this "cruel world" any longer. you have to remember he was so insane he honestly believed that the warcraft characters were real and that when he died he was going to see them!

The guy that spends at least 16 hours a day playing the game and lost all his real friends, hes just an idiot that got himself addicted. all im saying is dont judge a game because of the few idiots that play it. thats like the guys that murder people and it just so happens that they played Dungeons and Dragons. was Dungeons and Dragons the cause of their murdering another human? no. lots of people play D&D that are real life heros (firemen, soldiers etc.). the media just likes to make a big deal about that kind of thing because it sells. i for one am fine with the WoW community. ive found that most people in it are nice enough and on top of that i only play an hour or two a day (mainly because of my packed schedule).

Level 18
It's not their culture that requires them to work in near slave labour conditions, it's their corrupt government.

...Also the DnD murder things were caused by people being ridiculously into DnD, and they ended up killign people because their characters died (Although I think this is a little premature, True Resurection spell anyone?).

-*meow*

Level 5
Ya MMORPG's are like that Bob... Some people just can't draw the line.
I've never played WoW and I don't really intend to for a while. $20 a month kinda blows a lot. I pay $8.20 for runescape which is almost as good :p

Level 24
I've never played WoW and I don't really intend to for a while. $20 a month kinda blows a lot. I pay $8.20 for runescape which is almost as good :p

Yes but WoW is especialy worse then all of them... another reason why I hate wow is that Blizzard is really greedy. I know it takes alot of money to run the servers, but think about it. Over 4 million people, each paying 15 us $ a month = $60 000 000, I doubt it costs that much money.

DurotarLord said:
thats just some people. they are so insane they would do crap like that from a different game if they didnt have WoW. Asians die all the time in internet cafes because they as a culture are addicted to video games (probably because their culture requires so much hard work out of them that when they get a chance to play video games for free or even get paid for it their like, "Wow, screw working for a living").
As for the guy that wanted to join the heros from Warcraft, i can assure you he was mentally unstable. He wouldnt kill himself to join the heros of warcraft, he killed himself because he probably lacked friends in real life and his parents probably didnt show him much love. he finds a game that he loves (world of warcraft), plays it non stop because he finds that the characters in it are true heros and then as he loses his grip on sanity he decides he doenst want to live in this "cruel world" any longer. you have to remember he was so insane he honestly believed that the warcraft characters were real and that when he died he was going to see them!

The guy that spends at least 16 hours a day playing the game and lost all his real friends, hes just an idiot that got himself addicted. all im saying is dont judge a game because of the few idiots that play it. thats like the guys that murder people and it just so happens that they played Dungeons and Dragons. was Dungeons and Dragons the cause of their murdering another human? no. lots of people play D&D that are real life heros (firemen, soldiers etc.). the media just likes to make a big deal about that kind of thing because it sells. i for one am fine with the WoW community. ive found that most people in it are nice enough and on top of that i only play an hour or two a day (mainly because of my packed schedule).

Yea, they have a problem, but from what I read from your post you make it sound like some of these people were all retarded people with addictions before they started WoW. Well I know several people at school who are addicted to WoW, and before they got WoW they were not addicted to computer games or anything, and were just like you and me.

Level 7
im not saying their mentally retarded or that they got addicted before WoW, but if they cant draw the line then thats their problem, and they will suffer for it.

Also you said WoW has more people like that than any other game. How do you know? probably cause you hear about it so much while you dont hear about it for other video games right? well thats because WoW has over 5 million active users. It is the most popular video game in the world right now. Needless to say, with those kind of numbers your more likely to have idiots out there that kill themselves because they want to be with "the heros of warcraft" just because you have so many more people on it. I myself dont think WoW is really that addictive. ive gone a couple of weeks without playing it cause my schedules been so packed and quite honestly, im fine! And because were active members in the Warcraft community were bound to hear more about deaths in WoW than anyone else because we go looking through forums on warcraft and thats generally the first place the news makes it to! Say we were all addicted with halo, im sure if we trolled forums there and listened to all the news on it wed find out that some people kill themselves or others because of it. Plus because WoW is an rpg people are more likely to develop an emotional relationship with their character because of all the time they've poured into it. and since its an mmo their more likely to get incredibly irratated with the game because of dickheads out there that gank lowbies. but thats not Blizzard's fault, its just the type of game it is. Its community is just so large that how can there not be the occasional suicide because of it? it really is sad, but if you get so addicted to the game you commit suicide because of it then guess wat, you didnt have a life anyways.

Level 7

its only 15 dollars a month actually. First month is free, and you get a free month for every person you get to play the game (so if you ever buy it please list me as the person that got you into it ;) ). I played runescape once, i thought it SUCKED! the graphics were horrible (but wat do you expect from 2d?) and the game itself just wasnt that good! its of course very popular though because, its free...

Level 24
its only 15 dollars a month actually. First month is free, and you get a free month for every person you get to play the game (so if you ever buy it please list me as the person that got you into it ;) ). I played runescape once, i thought it SUCKED! the graphics were horrible (but wat do you expect from 2d?) and the game itself just wasnt that good! its of course very popular though because, its free...

Well its actualy is 20$ in australian dollars, its only 15$ in US dollars.

And yea I agree runescape sucks. Hate it more then WoW actualy :)

im not saying their mentally retarded or that they got addicted before WoW, but if they cant draw the line then thats their problem, and they will suffer for it.

Also you said WoW has more people like that than any other game. How do you know? probably cause you hear about it so much while you dont hear about it for other video games right? well thats because WoW has over 5 million active users. It is the most popular video game in the world right now. Needless to say, with those kind of numbers your more likely to have idiots out there that kill themselves because they want to be with "the heros of warcraft" just because you have so many more people on it. I myself dont think WoW is really that addictive. ive gone a couple of weeks without playing it cause my schedules been so packed and quite honestly, im fine! And because were active members in the Warcraft community were bound to hear more about deaths in WoW than anyone else because we go looking through forums on warcraft and thats generally the first place the news makes it to! Say we were all addicted with halo, im sure if we trolled forums there and listened to all the news on it wed find out that some people kill themselves or others because of it. Plus because WoW is an rpg people are more likely to develop an emotional relationship with their character because of all the time they've poured into it. and since its an mmo their more likely to get incredibly irratated with the game because of dickheads out there that gank lowbies. but thats not Blizzard's fault, its just the type of game it is. Its community is just so large that how can there not be the occasional suicide because of it? it really is sad, but if you get so addicted to the game you commit suicide because of it then guess wat, you didnt have a life anyways.

Yea well the Horde side of the community is ok I will admit, still Alliance people are really really really stupid. Can't even spend the first 5 minutes with out some guy asking you to join his group, even though its the start of the game and joining a group is a bit pointless. One more thing, you know that Parental Control thing that Blizzard has? Thats a bit pointless because the only thing you need to know is your security question or something I think, which the player would know anyway making it really easy to change it. Correct me if I wrong though on how you need to change it.

And for the thing about me hearing all this stuff from the warcraft forum, although I already new about the suicide thing it was also on the TV program that I saw about WoW. And also WoW is the only game where someone become a suicide that I know off.

Level 12
Perhaps we need a split in the topic here?

But continuing on, about wow,

I believe I heard once some said they saw an ad in the newspapers about wow powerleveling.

Also, (on a more philosopical note) an interesting WoW has done is really caught the world's attention and directed into down to this video game. I think that possibly one WoW or video games in general maybe become a global issue. For whatever reason, addiction problems, violent tempers (maybe Korea will start to hate Americans because of they way they play, who knows? I mean we saw with that eFuneral thing how people got quite enraged, maybe thats only the begining), or maybe MMOs will just send the world's economy flying out of control sending many nations into a depression or a great debt...

Last edited:
Level 24
Perhaps we need a split in the topic here?

But continuing on, about wow,

I believe I heard once some said they saw an ad in the newspapers about wow powerleveling.

Also, (on a more philosopical note) an interesting WoW has done is really caught the world's attention and directed into down to this video game. I think that possibly one WoW or video games in general maybe become a global issue. For whatever reason, addiction problems, violent tempers (maybe Korea will start to hate Americans because of they way they play, who knows? I mean we saw with that eFuneral thing how people got quite enraged, maybe thats only the begining), or maybe MMOs will just send the world's economy flying out of control sending many nations into a depression or a great debt...

Well although I doubt the governments will hate eachother, like the Korien Government hating the Amercian Government because of MMORPGs. But I myself have experienced racism from the players in different online games, both free ones and on payed ones (like WoW), and it will only get worse if the companies don't do something about it.

Level 5
i. I played runescape once, i thought it SUCKED! the graphics were horrible (but wat do you expect from 2d?) and the game itself just wasnt that good! its of course very popular though because, its free...

Yeah it looks much better now...but I play it for the gameplay. I like the object of skills over just senceless monster beating. But then again i've bearly seen WoW. I heard it has a PvP element of it, I do like PvP too >=)

Level 7
i only play wow for the pvp. i kill monsters for levels and i do instances for the 1337 loots! all i like to do is go through killing other people.

Aslo i dont really think that its up to the companys to do something about racism in the game. I think that if your going to stoop to racism in an online video game you got problems, and if your going to get angry at another race outside of video games for what happened to you in a video game your an idiot. sadly though, both the things i just stated do happen in the world today, its really quite tragic.

Level 5
I believe it's based on the way the person in question grew up. Generally places used to most cultures will have minimal problem with other races. Others who grew up with prejeduce in their family will find it harder to be un(?)racist.

Level 7
this is the hive, were always random.
oh btw, im listening to a song right now: Lands of Confusion, pretty good song. I like how it tells you to use what your given in life for the benefit of humanity so we can return to a time of peace and love for each other.

Level 5
For the greater good! :p Hey DurotarLord did you get your sig from the Warhammer 40k rule book, or somewhere else? I read it a couple nights ago and recognised the quote.

Status
Not open for further replies.