1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Warcraft3 has died.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Torn, Sep 25, 2005.

1. Almost_there

Almost_there

Resources:
    Resources:
    Wc3 is dead... but wc3 tft isnt :eek: :lol:

2. Afronight_76

Afronight_76

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    so according to your logic, Darky is a noob. :p

3. VGsatomi

VGsatomi

Webmaster's Council

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Sure doesnt show due to the regular release of patches.

Try rose where in later levels it takes 14 hours in a PARTY to get 1 level...and thats with no breaks.

Well, they are completely different games that just happen to take place in the same world/setting. I personally prefer RTS as well.

Takes a long time for blizz games to die. It took an entire operating system change to kill WC1. There's still a noticiable ammount of players still playign wc2, SC and D2 is still going strong. I dont play D1, but hear there's still numbers of players on there. Wc3 is still Blizz's latest RTS, so it will remain hugely popular until the next WC related rts comes out, which wont be for a long loooooong time.
    -VGsatomi

4. randym4a1

randym4a1

Resources:
    Resources:
    no game will die

Not just only blizzard but other games company also the same, no games will die if its a good game, peoples still keep on playing yes Starcraft for example, video games dont talk about new or old, now the korean and malaysian started to develop bunch of new free/beta MMORPG i've tried almost every of their MMO, but still myself i like my current MMO im playing now, and i've been playin for 2 years 1st week of Beta released, (its full game now) i asked many MMO hardcore on their they says the same :) gamers need quality games not quantity games

[ i forgot one thing to tell u guys about korean MMO, lvl 1 to 20 very eazy but when you reach higher lvl take you at least 3 days (6-8 hours play/day)to gain a lvl lol, as VGsatomi said above, im lvl 85 on my game im playin now, guess what ? take me at least 15 days to 18 days (10 hours play/day) yo gain a lvl, hey man repeatin, i've been playing for almost 2 years hahaha ] take too long to lvl but their games are the best, as good as WOW, well when i played korean MMO, WOW suck bad to me :)

5. Almost_there

Almost_there

Resources:
    Resources:
    If wc3 was dead I woulden't see it on store shelfs

6. Modeler

Modeler

Resources:
    Resources:
    Personaly, i dont think wc3 will die out for 15+ years from now. But WoW is dying fast. Its to repatative. (Coming from a 59 shaman who was once an addict :p) But mostly, it gets old after being jumped by 20 alliance rogues every 3 feet.

But WoW is dying because of a lack of new-ness. Wc3 is not because players make the games, blizzard just makes the engine & editor.

7. Horn

Horn

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    No.

8. Kimbo

Kimbo

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    well, i say wc3 has gone okay. but releasing another exp would be nice, that might spice it up abit. oh and a new WE.

9. olofmoleman

olofmoleman

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Wc3 isn't dead, just look at this site, almost EVERY day new models and maps are uploaded, that has to mean something...

10. Bustr_Bladr

Bustr_Bladr

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    WC3 will NEVER die for me! It's my whole childhood. I got it when I was...well, younger.

11. Kimbo

Kimbo

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    well i know WOW will die, but having mods and custom maps will keep it going for a while.

12. Frostbiter

Frostbiter

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well I'm pretty sure we all agree that WC3 will not die unit, the next WC game comes out, or WC5 comes out, etc. People will stop playing the game when the newer games come out. If there are newer games coming out. :roll:

13. redlion

redlion

Resources:
    Resources:
    Warcraft 3 hasn't died, but it has been...

[​IMG]

...upon by WoW.

14. Kimbo

Kimbo

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    errgh......thats...ergg...feral..tht dont hav much to do with the topic...u should have an orc instead.

15. modafoka

modafoka

Resources:
    Resources:
    a good example is age of empires and age of kings!! very old games and still played by hundreds of people

16. bamboodude

bamboodude

Resources:
    Resources:
    yeah...from poor countries. like, when i went to romania, the people here were played doom 1 ( it was in the year 2002 ).

err..wc3 isnt so dead, but i guess most departures are beceause the envy from the fans to explode a deeper warcraft? i guess the community is still pretty active, of course, like starcraft, not many original custom maps are being hosted, but i dont care beceause all i do is play melee.

but yeah, it surprised me when i saw there was like 650 000 online gamers on battle.net but only like 23 000 were from warcraft3. i think its not going to go down at a dramatic rate from now...

17. Daminon

Daminon

Resources:
    Resources:
    Diablo II is really old these days but there are sill people who plays it, I for example. And there are sill people playing Diablo I. And there are sill people making maps for Duke3D.

18. bamboodude

bamboodude

Resources:
    Resources:
    yeah and theres still people who plays disciples pffft...the elf expansion killed the game

19. Kimbo

Kimbo

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    ya, it kinda did, but me and wormy sometimes giv wc3 a few whacks and melee eh pal?

20. zdog629

zdog629

Resources:
    Resources:
    i think the only way that wc3 would die is if the next wc game has an amazing editor and modding ablity and that is going to be hard to beat because sure it will look better but would you have as much access to jack with stuff i dont kno and since blizzard is also obsessed with WoW it might be ahwile...