• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Warcraft3 has died.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Yeah, if anything WarCraft 2 is dead, it never goes above 1100 players but never drops below 1000.

Level 3
of course not, there are older games and still they have lots of ppl in

but what the hell? wc2 still being played by 1000 ppl? doesnt wc2 bnet edition exists since 1998 or so?

Level 3
lol so do i, but not via internet... some games cant even be played over the internet by now... and i have games that were released to the public in 2000, and the channels only have about 10 ppl max, for example europa universalis or hearts of iron from paradox

Level 10
although there might be a sudden drop during the middle of 2006. (where starcraft: ghost comes out! :D )

Level 12
Nantuko_Husk said:
Warcraft will never die from the heart of it's modders.
We have spent soooo much time with it and none of us will quit it so easy.
Not untill Blizzard eventually makes some other game with even better editor. Good games are hard to kill.
Still there are people who makes mods and things for Id and Raven Sofwares most famous games... The people who made Doomsday are now working on a remaking of Hexen with the Doom III engine. I can't wait...

Level 6
DEAD??? nah !!! just look on the users on b.net. there are still many many ppl.

wc3 will not be dead next years i think (and hope) :D

Level 4
For a long time, blizzard abandoned wc3 , as they where doing work on wow.

Until . . .

They have released 2 updates which means that they have infact relized that not all wc3 players will leave it and play only wow.

I have wow but dont play it, it gets booring, and whatever blizzard say, all it comes down to is lvl grinding and hours played, to get better at it. All you ever do is kill hundreads of creeps to get just 1, yes 1 level up, when you get past lvl 15!

And after lvl 10 quests are completly pointless cos they give only 8 silver when u can easily make 5 gold a day from selling copper bars at rip-off prices.

I think wc3 is better then wow by miles, but that is my opinion, and i dont mind the price, its just that it gets monoitinous and booring.

Most people will say "but later in game you can get a mount and also do massive raids on places" but raids are nothing special, just like attacking more creeps but with gaurds instead of creeps.

In conclusion, wc3 will never die because its much better then wow (in most ways), and it is an rts, and some ppl might only play rts not rpg so they wont play wow.

P.s: i like wc3 and will allways play until wc4 comes out :D

Level 22
For a long time, blizzard abandoned wc3 , as they where doing work on wow.

Sure doesnt show due to the regular release of patches.

I have wow but dont play it, it gets booring, and whatever blizzard say, all it comes down to is lvl grinding and hours played, to get better at it. All you ever do is kill hundreads of creeps to get just 1, yes 1 level up, when you get past lvl 15!

Try rose where in later levels it takes 14 hours in a PARTY to get 1 level...and thats with no breaks.

I think wc3 is better then wow by miles

Well, they are completely different games that just happen to take place in the same world/setting. I personally prefer RTS as well.

In conclusion, wc3 will never die because its much better then wow (in most ways), and it is an rts, and some ppl might only play rts not rpg so they wont play wow.

Takes a long time for blizz games to die. It took an entire operating system change to kill WC1. There's still a noticiable ammount of players still playign wc2, SC and D2 is still going strong. I dont play D1, but hear there's still numbers of players on there. Wc3 is still Blizz's latest RTS, so it will remain hugely popular until the next WC related rts comes out, which wont be for a long loooooong time.
-VGsatomi

Level 5
no game will die

Not just only blizzard but other games company also the same, no games will die if its a good game, peoples still keep on playing yes Starcraft for example, video games dont talk about new or old, now the korean and malaysian started to develop bunch of new free/beta MMORPG i've tried almost every of their MMO, but still myself i like my current MMO im playing now, and i've been playin for 2 years 1st week of Beta released, (its full game now) i asked many MMO hardcore on their they says the same :) gamers need quality games not quantity games

[ i forgot one thing to tell u guys about korean MMO, lvl 1 to 20 very eazy but when you reach higher lvl take you at least 3 days (6-8 hours play/day)to gain a lvl lol, as VGsatomi said above, im lvl 85 on my game im playin now, guess what ? take me at least 15 days to 18 days (10 hours play/day) yo gain a lvl, hey man repeatin, i've been playing for almost 2 years hahaha ] take too long to lvl but their games are the best, as good as WOW, well when i played korean MMO, WOW suck bad to me :)

Level 9
Personaly, i dont think wc3 will die out for 15+ years from now. But WoW is dying fast. Its to repatative. (Coming from a 59 shaman who was once an addict :p) But mostly, it gets old after being jumped by 20 alliance rogues every 3 feet.

But WoW is dying because of a lack of new-ness. Wc3 is not because players make the games, blizzard just makes the engine & editor.

Level 2
Warcraft 3 hasn't died, but it has been...

shit_on_clinton.jpg

...upon by WoW.

Level 2
yeah...from poor countries. like, when i went to romania, the people here were played doom 1 ( it was in the year 2002 ).

err..wc3 isnt so dead, but i guess most departures are beceause the envy from the fans to explode a deeper warcraft? i guess the community is still pretty active, of course, like starcraft, not many original custom maps are being hosted, but i dont care beceause all i do is play melee.

but yeah, it surprised me when i saw there was like 650 000 online gamers on battle.net but only like 23 000 were from warcraft3. i think its not going to go down at a dramatic rate from now...

Level 1
i think the only way that wc3 would die is if the next wc game has an amazing editor and modding ablity and that is going to be hard to beat because sure it will look better but would you have as much access to jack with stuff i dont kno and since blizzard is also obsessed with WoW it might be ahwile...

Level 8
Rui said:
Nantuko_Husk said:
Warcraft will never die from the heart of it's modders.
We have spent soooo much time with it and none of us will quit it so easy.

Darky did. And still, he left the site. HIS OWN site.

-Rui

Let's not be so hard on Darky. There is much more to life than Warcraft. He leaves over periods of time because he has a lot of other stuff to do. He is a student that can barely afford to pay for this site. Think of how hard it is on him. He has to spend hours studying, a lot of his time goes into his school, and no one can do anything about that. School is a part of life.

Warcraft is anything but dead. The mapping community is yet to grow larger and more maps are being produced. People spend their own time writing tools for others to use to make modding easier. People invest months sometimes into a project that takes a lot of work. Sure, most of my friends on B.Net left to play other things, but they are being constantly replaced by others who enjoy the game. Just look at the resources of this site. They are constantly being made and submitted. Did they have to? No. They did it because they want to keep the game alive.

Status
Not open for further replies.