• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Warcraft Legends II

Status
Not open for further replies.

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

My WC3 Music Project

Till today I didn't even knew that sound section exits on the hive. Silly me... Since that's the case I'll finally release my long held project (more of a musical piece I've composed maybe 2-3 years ago)

This track was even used in my two friends and their guids on WoW as their guild theme. Yeah I didn't believe it until I actually saw them hook on Ventrillo one day and religiously listening to it before a raid. I felt like a god ^_____^

This track is also well known among the people who know me in real. Some of them still keep it as a cell phone ringtone. This track has gone underway of being just a "silly experiment" because well, you'll hear for yourselves.

But meh, this track isn't in anyway that good. True I've spent hours at it, but I made in a day and didn't master it (I don't even know how to master)

Legality Stuff: All the sounds used were exported from the Warcraft Editor. All of them are unit sounds and some of them got effects on them. I do not claim any of them are mine, as they aren't. Nor does making a soundtrack make it mine hence I've used resources from other people (in this case Blizzard). So all the credits go to Blizzard and my part is only patching things up in my own creative way.

Track genre is Full On/Progressive Trance.

Now that I've cleared my karma and hopefully any legal rights that I might not even have, enjoy listening. I go by the artistic name of Random or RanDom

You can download and spread this track as much as you want.

View attachment Random - Warcraft Legends II.rar

Comments? :)

MY EYES, THEY BURN

Now that that's out of the way, the track itself is pretty good
I loved the darkness theme you had going on in the beginning of the track, it was pretty funny, though after that the quotes started to become more random in the order they were presented - it's not a huge complain but it would've been great to see the quotes follow an overall theme.

Overall it doesn't have many strong melodies, which puts me off a bit but around 3:40 a pretty good melody comes in, but you don't really elaborate on it more - it would've been nice to hear you develop it, have it build up and such - that's pretty much how I feel about most of this song, the parts themselves are good but they all seem like they want to go somewhere but don't, they never really reach a "high point" or tension release, they just sorta go on for a little bit, play a sound bit, and then move to something else.

That being said, the individual parts of the song are pretty good, the drums could use a little more complication in some areas and it could use more varied/stronger melodies but for trance it's not that bad. Just try and develop your future pieces a bit more, most pieces build up tension and then release it in a "climax."

Where was the Iron troll sound clip from? I've never heard that one before

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

Thanks for all you said.

I wasn't bothering with the quotes - the best i found i put. In random order but i focused on building a track rather than making sense. In trance rarely when something makes sense.

Your right my music lacks a high 'climax' I've mostly focused on the bassline and the beats, the rest was founded along the way. If you like the bass, you like the song. That's how things go in trance- for me.

I'll take your advice and try to suspense and release more.

Details: it was made in FL Studio 8. The Iron Troll? at the end that's the last WitchDoctor Pissed sound I think.

EDIT:

Blizzard should of made more Darkness. Its really funny too bad the conversation ends when Varimathras or however you spell that ends the conversation with darkness. About those voices I've worked to make them go in a way, they were random.

Demon Hunter was 1st
Varimathras was second.
There is another varimathras voice with darkness, although it didn't really fit in so I discard it. It was "After I withdraw this fool... Oh hello, I didn't knew you were still there" :D

At the end there is Arthas as a Deathknight.

Those are all darkness topic voices I found.

Status
Not open for further replies.