• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft IV: New Horde

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I neva liked the idea of Orcs & Human & Night Elves uniting as one to defeat the demons from consuming the world Idea, I liked the original grim Orcs v.s. Human Idea so I decided to make a little altered melee map about it. Maybe someday I will even make a campaign about it, maybe not. Here is my idea.

P.S. I had neva played WOW, I'm beginning right after Thrall left Azeroth. Any criticism about the background story? (that's all I have up here for now) You are welcomed to correct me or make up a better one.

So Thrall, when he freed the orcs from the internment camps, he gained natural leadership among the orcs, but he was inexperienced and young. When he said that he need to sail across the great sea to a new world named Kalimdor where he will save the orcs from humans or demons or whatever they dared to extinct, many orcs disagreed with his plan. In hurry, Thrall and his "crew" (warsong clan & few orcs) left with several human ship they stole, leaving many orcs leaderless.

Just in time, making a dramatic enterence, a new hero steps up to save the orcs from extinction. His name is Kargoth Blacktooth, some says that he was a former member of the shadow council, who was left behind. Old veteran of war and way of Humans, he quickly organized the leaderless orcs under harsh laws and order. He convinced several ogre lords into rejoinning the Horde, and acknowledged the strength of the Gnolls. Kargoth soon made a gnoll puppet king, who united the Gnolls one by one into an army. In promise of bringing back the former invincible army of the Horde. He called his organiztion the "New Horde" Of course, all this was done secretly, away from the eyes of the Humans.

Our Kingdom of Azeroth was suffering from inside out. The brave mens had died into dust and theres nothing but bandits and famine discouraging the mans of Azeroth. The refugee, carrying devastating diseases flees from Lordaeron in swarms, and undead cults active in every part of any town. In midest of the confusion, an army arises composed of Orc prisoners, several ogres, and gnolls. dumb as animals the army is compsoed of, these idiots marches straight toward the Moonbrook, the focal farmland of Westfall. It's people are evacuated and royal army is sent from Stormwind it self to put end to these rabbles once and for all. We cannot afford to lose, people are already scared and feeble, if we lose this battle, the last pride we hold against over these beasts will be lost. we cannot afford to lose.

The map will feature...

- 6 player map, 3 people on each sides.
- 2 race, "Azeroth Alliance" and "New Horde"
- 2 mini race "People's Militia" and "Gnolls" (People's Militia is bit tinkered from Azeroth Alliance, Gnolls are tinkered from the Horde.)
- carefully made object editor, professionalism.
- Most importantly balance between these two powers.
- Carefully & newly made Techtree. (If you ever played World War Z, you see by paying extra money, you can upgrade your existing zombies. Ima gonna implement (at least try) that system in the techtree.)

It's a side project just for you guys to know, screenshots will be coming soon so you guys just wait. If you want to see How good I am at making map-making to see if waiting for this map is worth your time, you can check out my album for screenshots of my "main map"

Level 17
carefully made object editor, professionalism.
- Most importantly balance between these two powers.
, it's good to balance but keep in mind that it if the races are very different from each other (like how they get resources or how they heal their units) it would be way more fun than e.g. Warcraft 2 races differences (not that Warcraft 2 is a bad game, it's very fun, but it's one of its downsides).

Level 8
Here is the current Orc techtree.

7010-orc-techtree.jpg

The guys in the square means they can be upgraded by using the "WWZ Upgrades" or by using the specific spell unit can cast.

Credit: Rommel, General Frank, Maximus, and old old Blizzard

Level 8
In my story, Trolls and Gobbies neva agreed to join the Horde. Ogres were bribed. Gnolls were conquered into the Horde one by one by the puppet Gnoll king controlled by the orcs.

Kam is the Tide of Darkness guy no? I played his map. I think my techtree is lot different than his, but that's what I think.

Level 8
Goblins became too indepedent. They serve armies for gold not for victory of the Horde.

Trolls hate every race on earth. They only joined the Horde before because they thought that Horde will help them wipe out the Humans. Since Orcs lost before, what makes you think Trolls will join the Orcs again?

I know Gnolls and Orcs doesn't sound like they would work together, but the Gnoll pack seems to keep attract me.

Level 8
7032-orc-techtree.jpg

A techtree with names so I can explain the unit's function and stuff so you guys can check out the balance or suggest a made up unit.

Peon: Old skool peon
Grunt: Old skool grunt (weaker)
Brute: Frenzied Grunt. Attacks faster.
Reaper: Replacing Raider, functions like a weak calvary man for the Orcs. I noticed that Raiders having siege demage makes them useless, so I made them attack with a normal attack. Reapers are more cheaper and more agile than the ogres.
Ogre Bonebreaker: strong unit, just heavy tank. The difference between Reapers and the ogres is that Reapers are more multi-purposed. Ogres have one purpose, to crush enemies into pulp.
Ogre Lord: Like a Demi-hero. Can cast Shockwave and various spells. But mostly you can call it stronger version of Tauren.
Hunter: ranged unit for the orcs. They have envenomed spears.
Seeker: New order of mages set by Karogoth, the new orc warlord. Uses dangerous, and banned magics such as Cripple and Slience.
Ogre Overseer: Ogre magi, Useful at enhancing the fellow ogres or even revive them. can cast healing spells.
Shaman: Old Skool Shaman with some replaced spells such as Mirror Image.
Catapult: Old Skool Catapult.
Obliterator: Upgrading the crabby Reapers pay off as you get this demi-hero unit. Because they use the same armor and weapon upgrades. These units can cast some dangerous spells.

Level 17
You could also do that you can capture towers, I've onces done that and it's pretty fun actually. Just place some towers at certain key points and make a capture system or just that you have damage the tower severally. Also good that you didn't add any flying or hero units, it's more interesting that way. Good luck with your mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.