• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft III Minimize/Maximize problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

pyf

pyf

Level 32
Just before playing the FMVs, you mean?

Maybe it is because of a video mode change/switch. Is the color bit depth of the game the same as the one for your desktop (generally, 32 bits per pixel)?

Last edited:

pyf

pyf

Level 32
playing the what? [...]
The FMVs are the videos of the game. Does the intro video play?

[...] I have true colour mode, and now I can't even maximize the game when i start it, it minimized the moment I start it, or try to maximize it
Did you properly install your copy of v1.26a?

Did you previously install another version of the game, before you installed v1.26a?

** Edit **
[...] how do I find that out if it is? [...]
Ideally in Options / Video, you should use a video mode using a 32 bit color depth (the same that your desktop is most probably using).

I vaguely remember that Warcraft 3 defaults to 800x600 in 16-bit color mode.

Last edited:
Level 18
I never install warcraft, only portable version.
Anyways I gave up on fullscreen mode cuz nothing seems to fix the slow minimization and maximization (recently also auto minimization of the game), so I'm running it windowed and it does the job for me.
Ty for help anyways.

pyf

pyf

Level 32
I never install warcraft, only portable version. [...]
Really, there is an official portable version of the game? Out of curiosity, how do you manage to brand your version 1.26a with your CD-Keys?
:wink:

Maybe you will want to have a look at the contents of the reg file(s) from this page with notepad. No guarantee it will help you, since your copy of the game is not installed anyway...

Status
Not open for further replies.