• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Can the Windows 10 game bar record on WarCraft III?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and was pleased to find that it offers a very useful, streamlined video recording option. However, in order for it to work, you need to press Windows Key + G to bring up the game bar, and then click record. When I tried recording myself playing WarCraft III, I found out that the game blocks the Windows key, and thus cannot open the bar. I tried a different shortcut, but nothing seems to work. I even tried starting the recording and then getting into WarCraft III, but it just recorded my browser and the sounds from WarCraft III in the background.

Has anyone messed with this and found a solution? Or am I just doomed to not record WarCraft III with the Windows 10 recorder?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Chances are it will not work, or will work very poorly. The Direct3D 8 implementation is not very compatible with Warcraft III causing all kinds of problems such as inconsistent frame rates to low performance. OpenGL is not part of Windows as far as I am aware (usually it is provided by the graphic drivers) so will likely not work with the game bar. Any third party Direct3D 8 implementations probably are not compatible with their game bar as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.