• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft III 1.27b. How to create anti map hack?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hi guys

I would like to edit wa3map.j code of any map in warcraft 3 1.27b so that's it couldn't be possible to play with Map Hack on this map.
As far as I know that in 1.27 vesrion it's possible to read memory, correct me if I wrong.
But I don't know how to realize it.

In my understanding I should somehow find game.dll address and then also find offsets. But I don't know how can I do that in jass code.

Could anyone help me with that or give me any advice?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
In my understanding I should somehow find game.dll address and then also find offsets. But I don't know how can I do that in jass code.
It is not meant to be possible to do that since that would be a major security exploit that could put users at risk when playing custom maps.

It may be possible by using arbitrary code execution or memory access security vulnerabilities, if those exist. This is completely unsupported and I would advise people stay away from playing legacy versions where this was possible unless you know what you are playing is safe. You would need to check for the map hack application being attached to the Warcraft III process, or running as a separate process in the background of the player (which is technically illegal to do in most countries without user consent due to data protection). Sophisticated map hack programs will not modify the Warcraft III process, instead discretely inspecting and analysing its private memory pages and reporting the result back to the cheater using an overlay of sorts.

Personally the best solution would be to police the map hackers, kicking known map hackers from lobbies and maintaining community blacklists of "banned" players to avoid playing games with. This is also fool proof since once a map hacker is on the list, no matter how advanced their hack program is they will not be able to find lobbies to cheat in.

zam

zam

Level 3
Hi guys

I would like to edit wa3map.j code of any map in warcraft 3 1.27b so that's it couldn't be possible to play with Map Hack on this map.
As far as I know that in 1.27 vesrion it's possible to read memory, correct me if I wrong.
But I don't know how to realize it.

Could anyone help me with that or give me any advice?
Using memory hacks will pause your map to stay at 1.27b forever i would highly advice to stay away from them.

Level 3
Actually, my main idea was using memory hack or some native functions to do that. I thought that I will see here the same advice, probably any example.

Status
Not open for further replies.