• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Altered Melee] Warcraft Alliances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hello everyone, I am assembling an altered melee map I call "Warcraft Alliances" and it is meant as a non-canon continuation of Warcraft 3 to run parallel with the last chapters of WC3 and WoW. If there is enough interest I hope this will eventually lead to new campaigns. Please leave comments and if you want to see what I have put together so far send me a message.

Story: This universe deviates from the canon universe when Illidan allies with his brother instead of leaving for Outland. Following that event: Ner’zul takes control of Arthas’s body (which does not have a soul) and gathers as many forces as he can so that he can open a portal to Outland and reclaim artifacts that will allow him dominance over both worlds and to become master of the legion over Kil’Jaden. The Humans, having had their northern population decimated welcome the Eredar (untainted man’ari) and their lost Worgen brethren. The High Elves are almost destroyed (many call themselves Blood Elves) and when the Humans abandon them they flee to Kalimdor in hopes of finding refuge with their Night Elven brethren; which they do under conditions that the High Elves only use magic against their enemies and in rebuilding. The Horde expands, and thanks to Rexxar now includes several ogre clans; having spread to several regions in-fighting and new “Warchiefs” arise. When Thrall hears of a portal to Draenor he leads an expeditionary force to temporarily take it from the Scourge and find out what their business in Outland is as well as the fate of the homeworld (they will discover groups of untainted Orcs and Ogres). With Balnazar dead Kel’Thazad struggles against both the Forsaken and an outpost of human resistance called the Scarlet Crusade, led by the Ashbringer. The remaining Amani trolls will fall to the scourge (not that there were many in WC3). Arthas would have been one of few Human Death Knights and with Ner’zul free and his forces in Outland he is able to gather many of the Orcish Death Knights.

This game has minor influences from WoW such as names, Worgen and friendly Eredar. There are no retcons in this game it is true to everything before the point in which it deviates from the canon storyline (excluding some lore written after WC3).

I hope this will become something similar to what Fall of Draenor would have been.

Yet to be done:
I have been trying to scale the buildings to ~1.5 and the units to their appropriate height; the standard placing Humans at .9 of a peasant, Tauren at .8, and Pit Lords at .92. I have yet to adjust movement speed and other animations so this aspect of the game could still end up being scraped, but since this is a RTS I firmly believe the units should be small and buildings large. I could also use custom pathings for the buildings.
I have not assigned any spells and since there are something like 17 units and 6 heros per faction this might get a little tricky even using custom spells. This is one of the next things I will work on and I won’t know what I need until I look at the spells but I could use help with assigning spells. One of the features is multiple worker types so I also need to finish assigning them functions.
If someone is inspired to make a model, skin or icon for this game I will consider using it however I was able to find sufficient resources on the hive.
I have no experience with triggers, campaigning or vjass so someone else would have to make the campaign I would only be able to help (mostly with story and map making).

Status
Not open for further replies.