• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft 3 TFT 1.26a HotKeys Binding

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hi there. I wrote a launcher for Warcraft 3 Frozen Throne game that makes minimal checks for unwanted cheat files in the game directory, sets the path to the game and launches the game. I also implemented a kind of buttons for hotkey bindings of inventory and hero skills. When you click on the corresponding button for the inventory or skill of the hero in the launcher, the data of the key code is written to the conf file.

However, it still remains a mystery to me how I can transfer these hotkeys values directly into the game.

I am not good at languages C, C ++, but I know that there are files Game.dll, Storm.dll and so on.
There is also a CustomKeys.txt file in the game, but in order for this to work, you need to change the required values in a large amount of lines of this file and also set a checkbox for custom settings in the game.

I've heard about Key Hook in C ++, but I don't know if it should be used for such a purpose.

I also looked at the source code of some programs designed to change hotkeys, but I still could not understand the main thing: "How does this data apply to the game?"

It would be good for me to understand the algorithm of actions to achieve the transfer of hotkeys to the game.
Could you suggest at least some ways how this can be implemented?

Status
Not open for further replies.