1. Are you planning to upload your awesome tool to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    July 9, 2018: The rules for the Tool Section have been revised. Please be sure to read the revisions.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The poll for our 11th Music Contest is up! Help us choose the most awesome cinematic tracks by casting a vote!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Melee Mapping contest #3 - Poll is up! Vote for the best 4v4 melee maps!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 30th edition of the Modeling Contest is finally up! The Portable Buildings need your attention, so come along and have a blast!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The Aftermath has been revealed for the 19th Terraining Contest! Be sure to check out the Results and see what came out of it.
    Dismiss Notice

Warcraft 3 Item Creator v3.0.4

Submitted by PatruX
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
This tool originates from here

Creates professional and symmetric tooltips, perfect if you have a lot of items that needs to have the same apperance, but you don't want to spend hours of perfecting the tooltips manually. Easy to use, and highly customizable.

Screenshot of the tool in action can be found here.

For everyone having Vista and problems with "RIGHTX32.OCX" try the following:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/f478/warcraft-3-item-creater-registering-118743/

If that fails try this:

# Download RICHTX32.OCX.

# Copy the new version to the WINDOWS\SYSTEM32 directory on your C: drive

# Using your mouse, click on the "Start" button and then click on "Run".

# Type the following command to register this library file (You must have adminitrator rights):

regsvr32 \windows\system32\RICHTX32.OCX

# You should see a message saying "DllRegisterServer ... succeeded"

# You can also try to run the program as an "XP Application" (Right Click->Properties->Compatibility)

Keywords:
item, creator, generator, color, editor, tool, warcraft, warcraft item creator, item creator
Contents

Warcraft 3 Item Creator v3.0.4 (Binary)

Reviews
08:40, 11th Apr 2008 ZypherXII: Works fine. Recommended.
  1. 08:40, 11th Apr 2008
    ZypherXII:

Works fine.
    Recommended.

2. InStars

InStars

Resources:
    Resources:
    Looks interesting :)

3. Needles

Needles

Resources:
    Resources:
    Looks nice ill get back to ya once i use it........
    :ctwist:A Good Friend of mine once said
    :ctwist:

4. underscore

underscore

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'll be waiting for this and wait until it gets approved. Maybe it's now working.. =0 I'll get back to you ok? ==0

5. UchihaSasuke.gr

UchihaSasuke.gr

Resources:
    Resources:
    This one looks nice but it isn't that hard creating the tooltip the way you want.

6. Daedin

Daedin

Resources:
    Resources:
    I downloaded this from his website and it works really good, it's definately a very useful tool. 10/10 (Combined with color picker to get more custom colors, this is a godlike tool! (For people who make RPG's anyways (me)))

7. denerlille2

denerlille2

Resources:
    Resources:
    How do i use this tool? After i made my item, i got to Settings, then i click save. But where does the item appear..?

8. PatruX

PatruX

Resources:
    Tools:
    Resources:
    You've got to copy what's in the Output and paste it in to the appropriate fields in the World Editor.

9. denerlille2

denerlille2

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thanks alot..! This will come in handy,

10. The Kings

The Kings

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    lol You've got to copy what's in the Output and paste it in to the appropriate fields in the World Editor.

11. The_Silent

The_Silent

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The_Silent says:

I'll defently use it if its work, its actually just what i need.

12. Chain.Max.kill

Chain.Max.kill

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Chain.Max.Kill and APU RUS

APU RUS-TOX43
    Apu is anti ploce unit
    Here are lot of my stafs

:fp:This is look intresting\

And man it don`t work on my comp. computer show me this
    rune time error 53 file not found
    pls answer what i need to do

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 24, 2008
  13. GodWasHere

GodWasHere

Resources:
    Resources:
    This is one awsome tool
    But it takes time getting use to. 5/5

14. Beau

Beau

Resources:
    Resources:
    ??

How do i get the item ability into this? Also where is a good place to save it? Cheers

15. Herman

Herman

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thats pretty sick, I often get really irritated by the tooltips for items and units, you gotta constantly check and test that the words are spaced out correctly. I wonder if there was a way to edit tooltips for units, abilities, and pretty much anything that uses a tooltip for warcraft? (and I mean more efficiently, like with a tool similar to this)

16. sl4y3r1980

sl4y3r1980

Resources:
    Resources:
    Item Creator

wow... easy for creating items... I'll download it and add you to my credits

thanks! :grin:

17. wd40bomber7

wd40bomber7

Resources:
    Resources:
    Very useful, however before I even saw this I had a thought along the same lines.

I built a rather unprofessional looking version in about 10 minutes. While you could argue yours has a greater range of functionality, looks better, and is more user friendly (all of which is correct) I built mine to handle my specific map. (Which is why it is in no way meant to be used by the public...)

All in all, the only thing this is missing, is the ability to more heavily customize output. Possibly building lists of words which could be integrated into option boxes and checkboxes. (So say I was building a bunch of items, and wanted the first thing in the tooltip to be a classification. It would be nice to be able to quickly add a bunch of option boxes which I could just click to select the rarity)
    Yes, I know, you already have a built in provision for rarity/type. But that was just an example.

Oh by the way, I built mine in VB to.

18. Herman

Herman

Resources:
    Resources:
    Woo VB YEAH

Heh, I'm workin on an RPG in VB, which will probably come out retarded, but with the help of some Photoshopped pictures it should look nice :), with some effects based off the timer

Back to topic - How could you create something like this in VB that could affect the texts in wc3???

19. wd40bomber7

wd40bomber7

Resources:
    Resources:
    I've been meaning to do this for a while, so I finally spent 20 minutes and did it. I built something you can use to preview generated tooltips! I just finished it so its bound to have bugs, its amazingly simple. You put the tooltip in the left, and the text to the right is the preview.

If you get a weird error its because you need at least .net framework 2. If it still complains, try hunting for 3. The current one is compiled in VB express 2008. I'm going to transfer and compile the code in VB6 as will. The source code has been posted as will. Integration of this kind of thing into the tooltip generator would be most advantageous.

--Got vb6 versions up.

Note: If your lost what to download, just download Tooltip Display.zip. If that errors try the vb6 version. If that errors as will, check that your computer is up to date.

I was kind of rushed on the vb6 version so if anyone spots any problems, tell me.

Edit: Fixed several small bugs involving coloring which (funny enough) only effected the Vb.net 2008 version.
    Edit again:Fixed a bug I thought I had fixed before...

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 9, 2008