• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

war3 WoW: opinion about this project...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
History:
I don't play online due to bad internet connection in my country. I love blizzard's World of Warcraft, but it's online. So I decided to make my own World of Warcraft by using powerful war3 WE.

The idea:
The idea is about making the whole World of Warcraft land. One map for each region and each city. Then make an NPC system, so we can feel like we're playing a multiplayer game, even we only go single. Because it consists of multiple maps, I really need a number of good terrainers. This map actually is designed for 3rd person view cam, but normal view is available. I put these maps together using campaign editor.

Features:
+ Like original WoW, we can choose our own race. Then after choose the race, we can select jobs like ones in WoW. Each job has 3 types, each type have different abilities. Right now, I've finished with Warrior 1, Warrior 2, Shaman 1, Hunter 1, Hunter 2.
+ The equipment system, allowing a unit only carry a weapon, an armor, and a shield or something like that. I'm done with this thing.
+ The NPC system. I've added the NPC system, so there will be several wandering NPC unit in the map. We can ask them to join our team. Like the equipment system, I'm done with this too. But there's still some problem... So I'll need an expert in trigger
+ World of Warcraft trading skills, like herb gathering, blacksmith, and others. Done with herb compounding.

Progress:
+ Almost all triggers are done, except for trading skills, jobs, and quests
+ I'm done with Orgrimmar, Durotar Field, and a cave below orgrimmar
+ Now working on Kalimdor, I planned the first release will be Kalimdor only

So I'll need a number of terrainer (3, maybe more), an expert with trigger, and a few skill maker (I'm too lazy to make skills). Right now, I think I don't need skinner. Maybe later...

Anyone interested?

I'll delete this post in 5 days if no one is interested :cry: I deleted my post once, b'cause no one responded it for a weeks :x

Level 8
Probably the reason that no one is particularly enthused about your plan is that there's always somebody making a WoW map or campaign for Warcraft 3. Not to mention, the North America open beta for WoW itself is starting soon.

Anyway, you might have to resign yourself to working on your own on this.

Level 11
MAYBE

i MIGHT WANT TO HELP YOU OUT, WETHER YOU WANT IT IS UP TO YOU I'M NOT SURE BUT PM ANYWAYS, and does this use WoW models or TFT and RoC models and I'd love to help out with the Taurens and defentely try and make some Tauren models if needed but I'm not sure about the rest.

Level 5
Panto said:
Probably the reason that no one is particularly enthused about your plan is that there's always somebody making a WoW map or campaign for Warcraft 3. Not to mention, the North America open beta for WoW itself is starting soon.

Anyway, you might have to resign yourself to working on your own on this.

Agree, but not totally... I'll not resign with this project in the mean time. Bcause I've already work really hard on the triggers.

CraZy.FroG said:
How you make a unit only to wear one kind of item? like only one sword and one shield at a time????

I figure out by myself, but with help from other mapmaker 8) It's a bit complicated at the first time, though. But It successfully made.

taurenwarrior said:
i MIGHT WANT TO HELP YOU OUT, WETHER YOU WANT IT IS UP TO YOU I'M NOT SURE BUT PM ANYWAYS, and does this use WoW models or TFT and RoC models and I'd love to help out with the Taurens and defentely try and make some Tauren models if needed but I'm not sure about the rest.

Well, I decided not to put tauren playable in this project. Gnomes, Trolls, Dwarves are also not playable. (Due to the lack of models, bcause I decided not to add custom model to compress the filesize, but maybe I'll change my mind later)

Btw, panto, if you want to see the map preview, you could pm me :D Maybe you'll change your mind, and we can work together?

Level 2
hi there.
i'm working on a set of WoW maps, too.
atm on the elwynn forest, but my maps will be multiplayable.
3rd person cam is finished, i also included a spell to roast raw meat on a fire ;-) i could send you some screenies if you want.

Level 6
beantony said:
taurenwarrior said:

Well, I decided not to put tauren playable in this project. Gnomes, Trolls, Dwarves are also not playable. (Due to the lack of models, bcause I decided not to add custom model to compress the filesize, but maybe I'll change my mind later)

Who cares about map size in a campaign??? RotD is like 105 mb big and it's still the most downloaded map on this site. Now if you make the best WoW map with many races and overall quality, noone will care about it's size. Just look around, you have one tauren modeler already, someone could easily geomerge some trolls for ya (they all look the same lol), and there are some neat dwarf models in the model section. I could understand if you don't want to add them couz of pure laziness, but caring about map size is foolish, i know since all of my friends downloads loads of anime, games and music to their 200 GB hard drives, they wouldn't mind a 20 mb campaign, as long as it's fun, exciting and original.

Level 5
hmm... I'll think about that, thanks.

The only problem is, I use 56K modem. It'll be a big problem if the file is so big. (okay, I know, It's my fault). Taurenwarrior, where can I get or see your models or skins?

Stevo,
I've tried to make a multiplayer open rp map :) but I failed :cry: Too complicated for me. Send some screenshot? :D gee, thanks, I'd like to see some of them. Maybe you can send them to [email protected], or just post the screenshots here 8)

Level 2
how to post images? do i have to load them on a webserver and the make a link e.g. "here" ?

Level 2
hey, what about making two versions of each map?
one for a singleplayer campaign, and one for multiplayer. then you can play the campaign offline and with the save/load code system you can play your char on BNet. the singleplayer maps can be connected like in the orc extra campaign by blizzard and could (maybe) have more extras like more custom models or something, but the basic map structure shall be the same.

Level 6
beantony said:
Well, if you want me to add tauren, you'll have to find a good models for dwarf also. 1 models for each class. :) Need them to balance the alliance with the horde if I add the tauren.

Not hard, here's two models, both with 4.6 in rating:
s1094684582DwarfThumb.jpg

http://www.wc3sear.ch/index.php?p=Models&ID=1339&sid=60d783aaef24611e50bf0fc09406f9bb

s1093808153DwarvenPaladinScreeny.jpg

http://www.wc3sear.ch/index.php?p=Models&ID=1208&sid=60d783aaef24611e50bf0fc09406f9bb

Level 5
After thinking for a long time, I've decided not to add them in the project. They will be available as NPCs. Not a passive NPC, but the wandering NPCs. So there'll be only 4 core races.

Btw, thanks, TheWickerMan. Those are good models, I know them. :D

Actually, I expect to find a terrainer in this forum. Anyone interested? 8)

My current progress: Doing the wandering NPCs AI in non-town maps.

Level 2
look at my screenshots, rate them on a table from 1 to 10, add 2 because they were bad, and then say if u want me as a terrainer ;-)

Level 5
I can't find your screenshot in your e-mail :?
But if you want work together with me as a terrainer, I really appreciate it.

Hmm... I can't do terrain, but i love trigger work, i'm not busy with any projects now anyway, and i'm having a week school break soon, so i could do the AI if you want. (i need something similiar for my RPG too anyway)
Actually the AI is only moving the NPC from one place to another, and then removing them if they reach the border or exit area. We are short of terrainer now, and don't have any free maps yet. maybe I'll need you to add the NPCs AI on each map later.

You can mail me at [email protected] for further information, or join us in http://www.wc3campaigns.com/showthread.php?t=66352&page=2 . thanks :D

Level 5
Yope, there is a playable version. I've pm-ed you the download location.

Btw, I need an expert with triggers, to help me fixing bugs. The trigger problem is "Moving from one map to another". A died NPC who belongs to hero's group shouldn't appear if we move on to the next map. But it just appears again and again. :cry:

Level 5
The demo for my project will be released around the end of december. This is a singleplayer campaign-based map, even it's not a campaign. More likes Rexxar's campaign.

This demo has a few features included:
- 2 playable races (Orc and Nightelves)
- 20++ quests (Multimap quests and singlemap quests)
- 10+ maps of central western region (Kalimdor)
- 3 types of tradeskills
- Great scenery on each terrain
- Several unique minor-system like weather, day-system, etc
- NPC system (Ask wandering NPCs to join your group)
- Hero saving system (Up to 3 hero)

here's a few screenshot from the project:

Teldrassil
attachment.php

Magical cave somewhere in the Barrens
attachment.php

Ashenvale Forest
attachment.php

attachment.php

The Barrens
attachment.php

A siege at Durotar (PvP area, day 7)
attachment.php

Moonglades Barrow Den Entrance
attachment.php

Orgrimmar's Townhall
attachment.php

That's all. For you who thinks WoW is too expensive, don't want to pay $15 each month, then you can wait for this project.

Thanks,
WoW wc3team
(Beantony, Draenei_Seer, KingGigli, Stevo, and r00t)

Level 5
i could help... i am not very good but i could join for fun and to help all i know... can i join?

Level 5
Ryxian said:
i could help... i am not very good but i could join for fun and to help all i know... can i join?

Join for fun? :D well, I already have a team. And they don't really want to add another member yet. But you can post your suggestion and question here. 8) I'd appreciate your post here. If you want to see another screenshot, just tell us here. Thanks.

Level 6
The progress is really quite slow. Its a great map, beside the fact that the death system is very annoying last time I played. It'd be a great map to have out soon, but I'm guessing thats not going to happen.
-Blue

Level 2
Well,
at first I had WoW but my computer got infested with tons of spyware and virses(I have no idea how) to the point where I can't even play WoW without crashing every 20min. :x

So until I fix my computer, I'm really looking forward to this. :D And even if it were working I wouldn't mind downloading this.

But I a lil worried about how your gonna set it up.
I know this is just a WoW campaign but the thing I loved about WoW is the HUGE amount of quests, cause I'm not a big fan of mindlessly killing monsters to level up thing. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.