• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

War3-NEC7:Twilight of the Gods

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Greets again everyone, this is first off a revised/updated version of the 7th mission/chapter of the orignal night elf campaign. Titled Twilight of the Gods this mission details the final battle against Archmoinde at Mount Hyjal's world tree.

With world of warcraft have re-vists to mount hyjal there was an array of changes made to make it fit more with the story as well as wow, now this is by no means a wow version made warcraft 3, but this is a much more refiend and better version in a few aspects.

First the AI's have been improved upon considerably, both the Undead and your allies ai's. It acutally makes them more compitent but still just enough where they are going to need your help. Also a new undead hero has been added, the same hero we do see in the wow version of mount hyjal, Kaz'Rogal.

Because of this AI improvment the time you have has also been increased, 45 mins for easy diffculty. 60 mins for normal diffculty and 75 mins for hard diffculty. Nextly Shandris who was previosyly just a throw away unqiue unit is now a minor-hero. She is just like a hero except she will only reach a max of level 5, and can only hold upto 3 items in her inventory.

Also a new optional quest has been added to include/introduce the Chimura's the Night Elfs are know to use as well, it relaly bothered me that one they were never used in the orignal campaign and even in the expansion when they were they were never introduced.

Theres also many other small improvments/changes such as some taunt/introductions when each undead hero approchs your allies/yourself and more. This map is by no means done and i'm sure theres bugs and more things that need tweaking/fixing. So feedback is important, from my play experince the cahnges work well and dont make this mission easy in fact it can be harder.

Thats it, let me know what you all think if i have any updates i'll be sure to post them. Happy war3ing!

(Full Credit List)
Orignal Map By Blizzard
Modded By Quickshot14
Additonal Credits to:
Silvenon - Knockback vJASS libary
11223344 - Deamon Sword Model

(Know Bug List)
---Not all taunting sounds, esppicaly for the pit lord dosnt play/work properly

(To-Do List)
---Finsh squashing little bugs/tweaks.

---Fix timing with new cinimatics and add more 'movement' by the heros.

---Correct any and all spelling/grammer errors.

---Finsh balancing to ensure it can be completed on easy and hard campaign modes.

Keywords:
Night Elf, Tyrande, Furion, World Tree, Archimode, End, Campaign
Contents

War3-NEC7:Twilight of the Gods (Map)

Level 4
I just do not understand why this map is included in cinematic section

secondly, it is protected as I found out

Its included in cinimatic due to the cinimatics in it, if this is a major problem since its not a total just cinimatic map i will remove it, i did forget to mention it, the map is not protected to open, but it will not open in orginal worldedit, you will need the newgen jass pak version of worldedit in order to open this map due to the use of the vJass libary. My aplogies for not mentioning that. Hope that adresses the questions.

Level 12
But IMHO this have no place in cinematic section. That cinematic is not the main part (actualy, you didnt made that anyway)

Lol, I know the chimera wasnt in roch but not in tft? I think chimeras were in tft, mision with killing 4ethereal nagas=>mass chimeras with magic dmg

anyway, try to introduce DreadLord in roch campaign

Level 4
But IMHO this have no place in cinematic section. That cinematic is not the main part (actualy, you didnt made that anyway)

Lol, I know the chimera wasnt in roch but not in tft? I think chimeras were in tft, mision with killing 4ethereal nagas=>mass chimeras with magic dmg

anyway, try to introduce DreadLord in roch campaign

True and a vaild point and to save argument and worry about it i will go ahead and remove it from the cinematic section (thou i did add a new cinematic into the map but it dosnt matter) I can't recall exactly but i belive the chimera was in roch in the melee area only, not even tft introduces it at all, and you can build/use chimuras as early as the 5th mission in the tft (where you use Tryande and Furion to rescuse Maiev)

Introducing the dreadlord is in intresting idea but considering the dreadlord was consider more demon then undead its hard to do but who knows heh. Thanks for the feedback thou i do appricate it and i hope you enjoyed the changes, took quite a bit of work mainly for the ai.