• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

War3 Model Editor wont start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
hello i got problems with the War3 Model Editor, when i try to start it this shows up:
modelprogram.png

i got no idea what is wrong, or maybe it is directx or something? i use linux and i use wine to run this program, it works with Warcraft III Viewer

thanks.

Level 11
It looks as if you need to set a Wine registry key to where Wc3 is installed. Did you install Wc3 normally (from a CD) or just copy it over from a Windows partition or something? As the message states, you'll need to make sure that the Wine registry points to the correct directory.

Assuming the directory is "C:\Program Files\Warcraft III\":
  1. Open "regedit" using either the terminal or Alt+F2
  2. Expand the folders like so: HKEY_CURRENT_USER -> Software -> Blizzard Entertainment
  3. Click on Warcraft III, if InstallPath is shown on the other half of the window, double-click it.
  4. Type in the Wine path to your Wc3 directory (C:\Program Files\Warcraft III)
  5. If for some odd reason there is no InstallPath field, right-click Warcraft III and click New -> String Value
  6. Name the new field InstallPath and then double-click it and add the path to the folder

This should hopefully help solve your problem. I have managed to get the War3 Model Editor running under Wine without any modifications and I am currently using Wine 1.0 Release Candidate 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.