• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

War Crafts v0.3

War Crafts is a tug-o-war type of map where you spawn AI controlled units from a main Hall, by using abilities. Each faction will get higher tiers every few minutes where new and stronger units are unlocked.
For now it is only single-player.

War Crafts can also be seen as a battle simulator (made for fun, relaxation and epicness!)

Games are on average 20-30 minutes long.

Resources used from:
General Frank, Tranquil, IamMclovin, Murcologist, Stefan.K, AltruisticAlduin, Blizzard Entertainment
Link to resources: Resources

Blood Elves And Naga are now fully playable
Changed gameplay quite a bit, should be more fun now with more cool stuff for the player. Also, countless of balance changes to the units themselves (not the spells to summon them). Added Undead and Draenei faction for the player.
Added 3 more enemies to fight: The Alliance ---> Lord Garithos, Orcish Horde ---> Thrall, alongside Samuro, Cairne and Drek'thar and Fel Horde ---> Magtheridon, alongside Rend and Maim Blackhand and a vast army of fel orcs and demons.
Alliance of Lordaeron faction added for the player and Blood Elves & Naga faction added for the enemy.
The Warsong Clan faction has been reworked. Blackrock Clan faction has been slightly changed here and there. Blood Elves & Naga player faction has been nerfed a bit.
Enemy factions have also been changed a bit, especially how the heroes work. Now most heroes will only appear 3 times, the 2nd and 3rd being a lot stronger than the 1st.
Cenarius for example will keep respawning indefinitely and Archimonde will not respawn at all.
A lot more unit balance changes (like a lot). Most notably the Doom Guards: they now have 1600 hp (up from 1350), 6 armor (up from 3), no longer have resistant skin so they can be targeted by A LOT more spells, but have 50% spell damage reduction and take 6 less damage from each enemy attack. Increased the damage of their abilities and reduced their mana cost.
From this patch onward I will make it so there are less total units on the battlefield, from both sides.

PS: deputyMajor is me. I created that account like a month ago (for funny reasons, this map uses this author instead of my real nickname 'raypack' but I will maybe use it for future maps as well).
Contents

War Crafts 0.3 (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
Seems like a nice map generally. Not sure about the balance though. For instance, the Draenei seem to be quickly overwhelmed by Magtheridon's forces, not only because of Chaos attack type but also because of stronger units in general. Same with Undead...
I think the idea of reducing unit is something that needs to be addressed as urgent for this map, especially the Alliance of Lordaeron faction. That, OR at the very least, distribute the units to more player, especially with 24 players from newer patches, will really help alleviate the unit movement becoming very choppy and frustrating to deal with.

Level 21
I think the idea of reducing unit is something that needs to be addressed as urgent for this map, especially the Alliance of Lordaeron faction. That, OR at the very least, distribute the units to more player, especially with 24 players from newer patches, will really help alleviate the unit movement becoming very choppy and frustrating to deal with.
Yes, I am already doing that sir!
I am distributing the units amongst more players and also reducing the amount of units. I am currently updating the map and play-testing it with the reduced units and I think that I will reduce them even more!

I think I will take a step back with the Alliance of Lordaeron and do it like the other factions or at least change them in some way.
I've already begun splitting the units into more factions. So far the Blackrock Clan and Warsong Clan have been changed for the player (warsong clan also received a rework) and for the enemy:
Undead Scourge, both Burning Legions, Cenarius and Blood Elves & Naga.

Heroes for the player are also being changed, in the way they function. So far only the heroes for Blackrock and Warsong clans have been changed.

I will notify you when all of the factions have been fixed @Daffa !

Thanks for the feedback!