• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Walkable Walls and Gates that opens and closes..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Please post triggers that allow walls to be walkable.I want my archers to be able to position themselves on top of walls and be able to move around while attacking enemies from a distance.
I also need triggers for gates that can be opened and closed by the player owning it. Please post trigger tags...Thanks in advance..

Fingolfin's suggestion is the only solution, apparently.
For the opening of the gates, you can use a destructible of type Elevator, create a region on it and use a trigger:
  • Open Gates
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit enters Open Gates <gen>
  • Conditions
    • (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to <The player you want>
  • Actions
    • Destructible - Open <Your gate>
  • Close Gates
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit leaves Open Gates <gen>
  • Conditions
    • (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to <The player you want>
  • Actions
    • Destructible - Close <Your gate>

Level 9
Jass is rocket science for I'm just a beginner to modding wc3, I can only create basic triggers and mostly I think leaks. But I'm learning..

Level 11
Why not just give the gate an ability that opens and closes it. Use the druid of claw morph ability and make the alternate unit (open gate) a unit with the pathing of a dead gate. If you want you can also trigger it by ordering the gate to morph when an allied unit comes near it.

Level 9
There are few ways of make buildable gates to be oppened

but you can use this:
Code:
wolfman  	Why not just give the gate an ability that opens and closes it. Use the druid of claw morph ability and make the alternate unit (open gate) a unit with the pathing of a dead gate. If you want you can also trigger it by ordering the gate to morph when an allied unit comes near it.

+ this trigger
  • Melee Initialization
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is issued an order targeting an object
    • Conditions
      • (Issued order) Equal to (Order(patrol/follow))
      • (Unit-type of (Target unit of issued order)) Equal to Footman
    • Actions
      • Unit - Order (Target unit of issued order) to Night Elf Druid Of The Claw - Bear Form
      • Wait 2.00 seconds
      • Unit - Order (Target unit of issued order) to Night Elf Druid Of The Talon - Storm Crow Form
this trigger is not the best (it's activated when you right click on the door) if you wonna somthing better you have to experiment (i don't chek if this work)

Status
Not open for further replies.