• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Virus Wars Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
i ahve an idea for a new hero ''spybot'' (its just something i thought when i entered this topic :d) but you maybe can use the tinker for the animation
(new ideas will folow (and better oned;) ) )

Level 3
ive read something about it.. but isnt this gonna be a bit laggy.. cuz it looks like footy.. ( lags) but when some1 dies that unit doesnt realy dies but it goes to the enemy.. ( superlagy).. and how about heros? if they they do the one who kills it get them?

Level 11
It was very laggy in the early versions. But bearing in mind that viruses can only multiply if new neutral spawns enter the game, i simply put a limit on that makes sure when the virus count raches 400 in total, the trigger controlling the spawns is turned off.

The heroes used to get replaced but it was interfering with the revival so i took it out.

There are lag issues when a lot if viruses die in one go. Infact i was wondering if anybody had a list of all the unit models and their polygon counts sp i can pick the ones that will put the lowest amount of strain on the system.

That being said the lag is always graphical, and never results in players having to be dropped.

Teladrone

T

Teladrone

I see your project is on the download tab. Has it been finished yet?

Level 11
The Project is unfinished, but has all the items necessary for a smooth and entertaining game. What remains now is to add new cotent in the form of items and hero abilities.

I hope to have this project finished very soon.

I submitted an early beta, but removed it when I got information regarding bugs that had been caused by the map protection process.

Status
Not open for further replies.