• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Village Builder Remastered Tech Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hey everyone, I'm looking for some help in idea's for tech. I'm currently working on Village Builder Remastered, if you hadn't guessed from the title lol. The project is to remake the entire game, from ground up that will include a brand new map with detailed landscape, quests for each race to go on for the ultimate goal *King, Queen, Warchief, or any other Ruler role* over your civilization. There will be many other new features to bring to the game of Village Builder that has yet to be presented, but all that will be released when we get into BETA stage, currently the project is still in early ALPHA stage.

What I'm looking for is some help in ideas for technologies for the Humans. If you have some good ideas please leave a reply and maybe a description of what type of path it will take the Humans towards.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Current Tech:

Barrel
Black Gunpowder
Bullets
Horseback Riding
Iron Plating - 3 Lvls - Iron, Steel, Mithril Plating.
Iron Shield - 3 Lvls - Iron, Steel, Mithril Sheild.
Iron Sword - 3 Lvls - Iron, Steel, Mithril Sword.
Large Sacks
Masonry - 4 Lvls - Basic, Improved, Advanced, Imbued Masonry.
Military Tactics
Studded Leather Armor - 3 Lvls - Studded, Reinforced, Dragonhide Leather Armor.
Wood Working - 3 Lvls - Basic, Better, Advanced Wood Working.
Wooden Carts
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Building Research:

Note: I have yet to add in all the tech for the buildings to be researched. In game you'll be required to research the building before being able to build/upgrade the building.

Camp - 2 Lvls - Camp, Barracks.
Forge - 2 Lvls - Basic, Advanced Forge.
Lumber Camp

Each building relies on tech to be researched before it's allowed to be researched.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
I am not too sure about the original game but here are some ideas.

Tempered Shields -> Footmen (or other shield bears) units will block 50% of damage from an attack dealing at least X points of damage. Charge cooldown Y seconds, maximum Z charges.
Armoured Horses -> Cavalry (Knight? anything with horse) units gain access to charge auto-castable ability. Charges rapidly in a straight line pushing aside non-massive units and dealing X damage. Lasts for Y distance or until a massive unit is encountered. Hitting a massive unit causes it to take Z damage of which the caster takes 40% as spike damage.
Sharpened Blades -> Sword Wielders (footman, knight, whatever) units that do not attack for 15 seconds deal 100% more damage on their next attack.
Polished Blades -> Improvement to Sharpened Blades. When out of combat for 30 seconds deal an extra 100% damage on their next and subsequent attack.
Murder Holes -> Towers gain a single target ground targeting melee weapon dealing X damage every Y seconds. This weapon can attack simultaneously with their standard range attack.
Siege Calibration -> Siege based weapons (towers, mortar team, whatever) gain a charge adding 10% attack range every X seconds. Attacking expends a charge. Stacks up to Y times.

Level 2
These are some good ideas, I'll begin working on them and see how they work out. Thank you for your help, if you get anymore ideas please share.

I'd suggest making good use of carts, wagons and the like.

For example, portable weapon carts. An on-demand, portable armory, for Call To Arms. Perfect for witchhunts.

Also, I've toyed around with the idea of custom farms. As in, a new model of a Farm, with a fence, and a custom pathing texture. Takes up twice the space overall, but you'd THEN be able to open up the Farm and have it 'grow'(Build) crops in the fenced off area connected to it. Temporary crops that decay over time, with differing growth times or food production value.

Might not fit your project, but I think it'd be worth a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.