• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Village Builder Reborn v2.2

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Village Builder Reborn v2.2
By Mumbis

[highlight]Note:
This map is NOT protected. Feel free to open and check how I made all the different things. Do NOT steal anything or change it without asking.
Thanks.[/code]

Updates

Changelog:

v2.2
Added shipyards to 4 races.
Changed the terrain on the west side of the map.

v2.1b
Fixed Tauren Spirit Walker size.
Fixed Tauren Shaman so that he gains his spells correctly.
Added Weather effects.

v2.1a
Added some variation to the terrain and some trees.
Added an introduction cinematic!

For the future:
Even more detailed terrain!
Pros and Cons for the different terrain types you build in!

v2.1
Commands;
Added -ally (player number/color/name) command.
Added -unally (player number/color/name) command.
Added -zoom (100 to 2500) command.
Added -name (Anything) command.

v2.0
First official release.

Info

Game Description:

You pick a race and start building your base, earn gold by taxes every minute by building houses for your people to live in.
Create a great army to defend your city or to attack the others with!
Build walls made out of stone, wood or magic to defend your city!
Set up towers within the walls and create siege machinery to bring the other enemies walls to the ground. Train a hero to lead your troops to victory.
But think it through where you choose to create your town,
If you build in the cold north or the desert south, your units has a small debuff,
due to the harsh weather conditions in the land there, decreasing their stats.
Tho, the warm middle land grants no disadvantages, but then again, you would be
stuck in the middle of all armies. Also, bewarned.
You must protect your king at all times from incomming enemies!
If your king dies, you will lose command of your troops.

Features

Game Features:

6 Races total to pick from:
-Human, Orc, Night Elf, Undead, Tauren and Draenei.
All of them based on different things and better at different times.
10 Players may play totaly and divide eachothers into different teams!

Weather effects:
If you build in the cold north or the desert south, your troops will be weaker
in the harsh weather. Choose wisely. The warm summer in the middle does not
grant your units any weaknesses, but then you will be traped in the middle of the
war. Think it through!

Commands:
-ally (for example; -ally 3 will ally player 3 teal.)
-unally (for example; -unally 6 will unally player 6 orange.)
-zoom (for example; -zoom 750 will set the camera offset to 750.)
-name (for example; -name Mumbis will set your ingame name to Mumbis.

Pictures

Units

153485-albums4327-picture41456.jpg

Start Location

153485-albums4327-picture41455.jpg

Pictures taken in the world editor.
Credits

Credits below:

Models:
Tauren_Range by apaka!
Tauren_Worker by apaka!
Tauren_Gun by apaka!
TaurenAxeFighter by NO_exe!
KotoBeast by apaka!
Tauren by taur!
KilroggDeadeye by Tauer!

Icons:
BTNTaurenAxeFighter by NO_exe!
BTNTaurenMarine by General Frank!
Attack/Move/Hold/Learn/Patrol/Defend icons by CRAZYRUSSIAN!

Triggers:
Zoom and Name triggers by: elelrjk
Keywords:
Village Builder Reborn, Mumbis, Village, Builder, Reborn, Survival, RPG, Strategy, Strategic, Orc, Undead, Night Elf, Elf, Night, Human, Draenei, Taur
Contents

Village Builder Reborn v2.2 (Map)

Reviews
07:06, 5th Jul 2011 -Kobas-: Status: Rejected
Level 4
Ok... I started the game, picked my race (Human) and walked through a flat map without a tree or something. I wanted to build anything but first I didnt noticed that I have 2 builders... Mabye you should remove the War Builder at the beginning or give a little tip that you have 2 builders ^^. I builded some houses for income... Realy boring way to gain money I think.. :/
I builded houses for about 700 income and there is no limit.. Mabye you should remove the Unit-limit and add a House-limit?
I builded some defences but I couldnt find a gate.. mabye you sould add one? There is a Tutorial on hiveworkshop.
I trained some units... I think there are about 10 diffrent Units, mabye you sould add some more
The models for the buildings are ok but.. a lumbermill for a stable? ^^ mabye you sould change this.

I only played the Human Race cause I get bored of the game after about 10 minutes... So mabye there are more units for other races, I dont think that i will check this.

Thing you sould change: More Units, a house-limit or something like that, a gate and your realy sould change the terrain! It looks terrible!!
I think i would give 1.5/5 or something like that...

Edit: Oh only one worker can build on one building cause it costs wood to do this.. maybe change this too?^^

Level 4
It was good for the most part me and my brother tested it, I've never really been a village builder fan because of the lack of environment, but apart from my personal opinion that it would be better with more environment it was complete and bug-less.

Level 5
I suggest you bring back the -ally/-unally/-peace option because you would be stuck with one team and that's not really realistic.
Oh yeah and what idiot won't realize their king being attacked?!?!??
-No Offense :D-

Last edited:
Level 9
Thanks alot for your comments people!
I've really just focused on getting the map bug-free and lagg-free at the moment,
The terrain is empty simply because you should be able to attack someone from any direction (realisticly) and you should not be limited with your building plan by the terrain.
Also, adding a base by terrain would destroy the point of having a wall.
Village builder maps is just supposed to not have any terrain to be good ;O

I could add the -ally/-unally commands to the map.
Maybe adding a "Allow or do not allow these commands?" vote at the start?

The Screenshot of the units was added because I wanted to show how many units there were to combine all in total... And well, would be boring to just show a picture of some grass wouldn't it? X)

Also, alot of more units will be added, alot of more complicated tech will be added, different hero abilities, unique abilities for each king and alot of more possibilities.

I might also add some terrain if enough people requests it.

I think I answered all of the questions above, if not, please comment again :)
I will start working on updating the map as we speak!

/Mumbis

Edit: Have added some commands now!

Last edited:
Level 5
Suggestions:D
1.Maybe you should add like an option of what race you can choose when you added more units. ^^
2.If the terrain is flat then it would be hard to defend.
3.maybe you should add mountains where units can be placed to increase vision and see far away enemies or maybe they would place towers on them as defensive spots.
---That's all i can think of for now... feel free to reject them XD since it is your map. I'll send more ideas when you updated the map cuz that is where i take ideas from.:p---
----------------------------------------------------------------------------Tell me if you want me to stop xD-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Level 9
@MR.Tricky
1.Maybe you should add like an option of what race you can choose when you added more units. ^^
Well, there is an option of what race you can choose? ;P
Right at the start of the map X)
2.If the terrain is flat then it would be hard to defend.
True, but as I've stated above, I will add terrain if enough people comment that they want terrain ;)
I could possibly ask someone to do it, if someone feels like they wanna do the terrain :p
3.maybe you should add mountains where units can be placed to increase vision and see far away enemies or maybe they would place towers on them as defensive spots.
I think that's a part of the terrain... but that sentence gave me a really good idea :)
Adding different types of terrain everywhere, which gives different bonuses!
?

Thanks for your comment! It was infact really helpful :)
+rep!

Level 7
i suggest improve the terrain.It too hard to defend from enemy and there is no tree even a river in this map.as isay improve the terrain and add more race if u can .

Level 9
@ImperialShadow
I will improv the terrain then, seems like everyone whom comments want some terrain X)
So it will be added.
And more races is indeed possible, but I will wait to add more races untill i've expanded the ones that is availible at the moment. Planning on making a race something HUGE with ALOT of possibilities :)

@Jxtranghero
As stated above, the terrain will be improved asap.

NOTE;
I'm also working on my other map, The Final Showdown, which takes alot of time aswell.
So please be patient :)

/Mumbis

Level 7
i really dun like this map.The terrain are spamming tree some place no tree at all.Also for Tauren Spirit walker when he turns normal his size bigger when he turns green his size smaller.Pls fix it and also put more skill at the Hero warlod

Level 9
@ImperialShadow
Well, look at the real world, isn't it just spamming trees aswell here n there? <.<

And the Tauren Spirit Walker will be fixed! Thanks for telling me! :)

Also adding some weather "effects" aswell when i'm anyways fixing other stuff.

/Mumbis

EDIT: Spirit walker size fixed
Terrain effects added.

Last edited:
Level 5
IDEAS
1. How about when you hide behind walls you would be impenetrable or somewhat invulnerable to arrows then only long bow archers can pass.
2. ForceField^^Protects you from any kind of ranged attack or spell
3. How about legendary items from legendary bosses that can turn the tide of war upside down(such as ragnaros hand > Ragnaros > Volcano)
4. Events like bandit raid ,volcano eruption ,Meteor shower, Intergalactic aliens LOL, and etc.(you get the point x))
5. Different Dimensions
6. Buildable Tunnels(things similar to sim ant when you go underground)
7. Flying Units And ofcourse Anti air units
8. Rituals that cause calamities(like demons or zombies)
9. Pitfall traps?(when they fall they die.)
10. Mutants / Biological Weapon
------------------------------I have no idea where i am getting these ideas but imagine...wont it look awesome ^^ Keep up the good work ^^------------------------------

Level 9
@MR.Tricky
1. How about when you hide behind walls you would be impenetrable or somewhat invulnerable to arrows then only long bow archers can pass.
A really... AWESOME idea man! :) I'm going to try something like that...
You mean that units hidden behind walls cannot be hit by archers righto?

2. ForceField^^Protects you from any kind of ranged attack or spell
Like a hero spell? or some kind of building that can create a force field around your troops every now n then? Sounds awesome and is also totaly do-able :)

3. How about legendary items from legendary bosses that can turn the tide of war upside down(such as ragnaros hand > Ragnaros > Volcano)
In my opinion, this map should not be about the heroes... So, I will not make it to much about them, just adding some long cd spells ;)

4. Events like bandit raid ,volcano eruption ,Meteor shower, Intergalactic aliens LOL, and etc.(you get the point x))
Hrm, totaly do-able and sounds great! :)

5. Different Dimensions
Hrm... I'm not the most awesome terrainer, so if you'd like to help me with terrain (Supposing your a good terrainer xD) you may add my msn and we'll talk :)
But it's definately an awesome idea!

6. Buildable Tunnels(things similar to sim ant when you go underground)
You mean a teleport kinda? Totaly doable, aslong as you don't wanna create a whole underworld with your dimensions lol xD

7. Flying Units And ofcourse Anti air units
Yeah, been thinking of that, would be good aswell ^^ but, wanted to make it all balanced and completely leakless n working first, and that goal is reached, so.. Yeah :)

8. Rituals that cause calamities(like demons or zombies)
Summoning hostile demons or zombies? .. sounds kinda awesome ^^
But, i'm not sure it totaly fits the Village builder thingy :) But hell, why not! xD

9. Pitfall traps?(when they fall they die.)
Yeah, a one time trap? who hits all units in the region it's placed? would work :)

10. Mutants / Biological Weapon
Okay, Now I think I have to take this map to a whole new level...
Making tech trees for "Age" aswell xD
But it sure would be awesome X)

Totaly...
Your ideas are awesome!!! If you wanna help me out or anything (supposing your good at map making xD) just add my msn :)
(press goto my profile below!)

+rep!
/Mumbis

Level 5
No i am not good map maker D: sry..
Ideas are my specialty ^^
maybe ill try?..
Oh yeah what i meant about the tunnel thing was when they enter it takes maybe 5+ seconds to get to the other side whilst they can be trapped when the other player breaks the other end of the tunnel
+ How bout cages as traps-when killed spawns monsters or can be disactivated by owner
+ i didn't mean heroes that players control i meant hostile heroes that drop items that can be used by your warlord to support or anihilate enemy units

Last edited:
Level 3
MR.Tricky said:
I suggest you bring back the -ally/-unally/-peace option because you would be stuck with one team and that's not really realistic.
Oh yeah and what idiot won't realize their king being attacked?!?!??
-No Offense :D-

its called an assasination you usually dont notice it (except if the king has a secret red alert at his pocket)
- no offense Mr.freaky

Edit@topic:Improve your terrain maybe a little flower there, maybe some trunks there ,maybe a corpse at a desert?
right now its flat and spammed with trees . oh yea and btw use triggering unit

Last edited:
Level 5
its called an assasination you usually dont notice it (except if the king has a secret red alert at his pocket)
- no offense Mr.freaky

Dude it isnt assasination..it will only happen if youre so dumb that youll have youre UNTRUSTED ally to have youre king in his base or the other way around.
only idiots or complete nincompoops give full trust to just anybody who says : hey lets ally..
-no offense opium and please stop with the freaky dont you get bored?
-no offense to those who are really idiots(if you admit youre one)
_oh yeah and opium didnt you read the first few comments:hes concentrating on the gameplay first and not the Terrain but i appreciate you caring for others^^(because it's rare??)

Last edited:
Level 9
@MR.Tricky
The so called "Trust issue" is already kind of fixed, since if someone attacks you, you will get a big freaking notice which tells you that you are attacked by that player (Only when an allied attacks you) And if someone unallies you, you will also get a big freakin notice :)
And also, the king has like 40 armor, to prevent him from dying by accident of any sort ^^

And also, thanks for your comment and that you noticed that I said that I will focus on the gameplay first :)

EDIT:
@Opiumwar
As stated above, I'm focusing on the gameplay first. Also a little flowers here n there would just look stupid imo...
And since the map is "Epic" sized, it's hard to fill it with doodads so it looks good, since the limit will be reached when i've filled half of the map..
And I use entering unit cuz... well, cuz it does not matter really?

Level 5
oh yeah mumbis when i tested the map and i picked dreanei race(it was my first) then i couldn't produce workers is it supposed to do that?
Things you should Improve:
1.Lack of buildings
2.Lack of units(i guess)
3.Slow(veryslow) gameplay(maybe reduce income time or increase income)
4.i suggest racial high ranked units (eg. blademaster-orc,paladin-human,deathnight-undead(if there were,i forgot xD,Wardens-nightelf)(these are not heroes btw)
5.house is house but big house must be bigger(cause it looked the same)(for dreanei that is)

Level 9
@MR.Tricky
Hrm, that's not supposed to be like that...
Lack of buildings, on draeneis.. Yes, there are, and also lack of units..
Haven't been able to evolve all races as much as I wanted yet :)

And yes, the gameplay might be slow, atleast in the begining, but that's ment to be like that actually :p

Racial highranked units, that's a great idea actually!
Adding to "The List" :3

Hrm, yeah, could change the house thingy pretty quick!

Thanks for your countinued commenting with ideas! Much appreciated! :)

Level 5
@mumbis
when the gameplay is slow it takes time and when it takes time people quit.
and maybe you should put a not finished sign on the drenai

Level 3
- no offense Mr.freaky
this post is crap dont mind that
-no offense opium and please stop with the freaky dont you get bored?
no.... but since this is hive fine ill call you tricky again
-no offense to those who are really idiots(if you admit youre one)
im not an idiot..(i admit i am lazy to read the comments above tho..)
@topic
a few suggestions
-maybe game modes like uhhh...:
1.Capture mode? capture the villages maybe? and each village/s give you (INSERT SOMETHING IMPORTANT HERE)
2.Defensive mode : maybe like defend the king from a horde of zombies? with a time limit (suggestion is crap eh?)
3.Chaos mode : Everything is in chaos pillagers attack from somewhere riots start at any village

MAYBE a moral system for units?
Delivery system? from x house to x house like a post office
Captain heroes? to make a game a little interesting
Weird random events that can such us a meteor shower or maybe trees becoming alive (treants? :D)
Random attacks at player's bases(in addition to the random events :D)
maybe a counter triangle? like tricky's idea air units gets countered with AA units and gets countered with any land unit

hope you understand my sentences and words xD
Your ideas are awesome!!! If you wanna help me out or anything (supposing your good at map making xD) just add my msn :)
i can help at terrain if you want but they aren't kinda the best AND no credits needed :D (but ill nid to use the JNPG to pass the doodadd limit and the multiple areas kinda make it hard)
maybe other time cuz i got test and a ton of studying to do
And I use entering unit cuz... well, cuz it does not matter really?
well triggering unit is much faster but who cares for a few miliseconds?

Last edited:
Level 9
@opiumwar
First of all, Yes I did understand :)
And 2nd, the game mode ideas aren't bad at all,
Maybe include the zombie attack in an random event?
Also, I could add some command to Turn off the random events,
and make it on as a regular mode?

I'm sorry if i'm slow with updates of this map, but that's because I got alot of other projects that i'm working on aswell,
So yet again I say, please be patient ;)

Got 4 different projects i'm working on at the moment ^^

Just so you guys know!

And Thanks for your comment opium, ideas and critisizm is very much appreciated! :)
I got a list for all of the commented ideas ^^ so I will not forget about any ideas!
It might just take a while for them to become real ;)

/Mumbis