• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Video games that are good and only you seem to know

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Clive barker's Jericho. Awesome game, yet it seems not a lot of people played it.

Level 34
Clive barker's Jericho. Awesome game, yet it seems not a lot of people played it.

Countering yours with Clive Barker's Undying.

And C&C Generals.

The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena maybe too.

Black & White, looooved it.

TES3 Morrowind!

SIMTOWER :D

Fahrenheit.

How about Deus Ex? What a rotten shame..

And last but not least: Call of Cthulhu - Dark Corners of the Earth, where fishpeople are trying to KIEL JOO.

Level 11

And C&C Generals.

TES3 Morrowind!

Fahrenheit.

And last but not least: Call of Cthulhu - Dark Corners of the Earth, where fishpeople are trying to KIEL JOO.
Another one who didn't get the topic..

Level 9

And C&C Generals.

TES3 Morrowind!

Fahrenheit.

Seriously?! You thought no one else knew about Morrowind? I'm hard pressed to find someone who doesn't know about Morrowind.

Level 5
Link to the Past was fun.. must agree with Redscores, though the only one of the others I've heard of was the Evermore one. Some oldies that not many people seem to remember but used to be pretty popular were the Mechwarrior 3 games, fps robots ftw!, Lost Vikings and various remakes of it by fans, Baldur's Gate, Jazz Jackrabbit (side scroller rabbits killing a turtle's evil minions), and Total Annihilation. Those aren't the most unheard of, but they seem to have fallen out of grace with the rest of the world :(

I hear the 2 games before Morrowind were also great and less well known (on top of being bigger - really the series has shrunken in size from the original)

I read from a magazine that TES 1:Arena is great during those times because it showed lots of new things in a game... (it was released during the early 90's)

Level 27
I read from a magazine that TES 1:Arena is great during those times because it showed lots of new things in a game... (it was released during the early 90's)

Heah, and Dagerfall (Second part) was really innovative too, and it was much bigger in size than any other TES game since it was generated all randomly! But it was very bugged and had lots of major problems like there were weewolves and hmmm... wereboars, but becauce they forgot the variable check, you could become only the wereboar... also sometimes NPC attacked you for no reason after you had a talk with them...

Level 3
fallout 1,2 and tactics
star wars galactic battlegrounds
unreal, unreal mission pack return to napali and unreal tournement
baldurs gate 1,2 and icewind dale
duck tales
kohan
invictus
bubble and bobble
the settlers

Level 21
For you people:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=od5a2EITp8E

Thats secret of evermore.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbqEE1Q5TDg

Thats secret of mana.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cdZ8ojnK7M

Terranigma

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKX2_1kBekE

Monster Hunter Freedom Unite

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnPJqsbrFQc

Lufia

You know, Lufia, Terranigma and the 2 Secret-Games are Super Nintendo, they aren't produced anymore, but if you want to experience a real RPG, just search for an Super Nintendo Emulator + These games... they are awesome.

And Monster Hunter Freedom Unite is for the PSP...

Nox is a proper lost gem. People that know it are few and far between, despite its beauty.

Ya, that was a great game. I remember doing the warrior class and you had to pass through this maze of traps. Then there was a guy before you, who shouted and ran right into the traps, all his limbs and organs flew at my feet.

Last edited:
dweebs, the oldest zelda was Oracle of Seasons and Oracle of Ages -.-
I have it on my laptop :>

Mulgrim, as I remember, Klonoa was the guy with black and white fur with a blue cap? He has a little sidekick whose name I can't remember

Games I like

NoX
Armies of Exigo (while there are no cheats (-.-) the campaign is so damn hard)
Stronghold Crusader
Battle Realms
Socom US navy seals Fireteam bravo (I think im the only one who have it, it has an online SERVER 8>)
Dwarf Fortress :> (For those who don't know it)
Thief II: Metal Age Well, stealth, traps, strategy. (The only part of the series I have -.-, I wish I could have the other)

that's all I can remember, but I have tons of games on my other pc

Level 15

Mulgrim, as I remember, Klonoa was the guy with black and white fur with a blue cap? He has a little sidekick whose name I can't remember

Games I like

NoX
Armies of Exigo (while there are no cheats (-.-) the campaign is so damn hard)
Stronghold Crusader
Battle Realms
Socom US navy seals Fireteam bravo (I think im the only one who have it, it has an online SERVER 8>)
Dwarf Fortress :> (For those who don't know it)
Thief II: Metal Age Well, stealth, traps, strategy. (The only part of the series I have -.-, I wish I could have the other)

that's all I can remember, but I have tons of games on my other pc

he had a ring, which was huge, and was possessed by a cute creature or something, that was his sidekick. btw he had arm instead of ears I think...

Klonoa.jpg

Level 24
No offense, but those are very well-known series. Ness, Lucas, and Porky obviously made it into Smash Bros.

21114d3.jpg

Vagrant Story, the best motherfucking RPG made on PSX (the best one I have played at least), but most don't even know about this game even though it was made by Squaresoft.

that's another great game (well its to be expected since Square made it) though I like FF7,FF8,FF tactics better...

Level 24
that's another great game (well its to be expected since Square made it) though I like FF7,FF8,FF tactics better...

Meh, most FFs are just pile of crap now that I look at them. FF8 has the most abuseable system ever (you can like faceroll the game with 30 min of turning enemies at cards at the cave where Ifrit is) and FF7 actually has really lame ass story (Durr Sephiroth just snaps and becomes a mad man and then he summons meteor to kill all, but Cloud the emo warrior and his friends will save da world hurrr) and the battle system is just pathetic.... just press attack to win since magics and summons are basically useless unless its a special fight where the enemy is supah supah weak against certain element.
At the end of the games you always have 99xElixir and shit like that IF you happen to be near death etc.

Don't know about FF Tactics though.

Meh, most FFs are just pile of crap now that I look at them. FF8 has the most abuseable system ever (you can like faceroll the game with 30 min of turning enemies at cards at the cave where Ifrit is) and FF7 actually has really lame ass story (Durr Sephiroth just snaps and becomes a mad man and then he summons meteor to kill all, but Cloud the emo warrior and his friends will save da world hurrr) and the battle system is just pathetic.... just press attack to win since magics and summons are basically useless unless its a special fight where the enemy is supah supah weak against certain element.
At the end of the games you always have 99xElixir and shit like that IF you happen to be near death etc.

Don't know about FF Tactics though.

FF tactics is pretty good (battle is a combination of RTS and RPG) but sometimes it gets annoying because your equipments can get stolen or broken by enemies... haven't really finished FF8 because I got bored but I liked FF7 (I like the battle system used by FF games)

No offense, but those are very well-known series. Ness, Lucas, and Porky obviously made it into Smash Bros.

Well the thing about the Mother series (except for Earthbound) is that they never made it out of Japan. You may be able to find a translated rom online but the originals are a mystery only known to Japan.

uhm... I think the reason why you don't believe me wolf
"I have it on my laptop"

yes, as a VBA rom -.-

Just because you have it on your labtop doesn't make it correct. Why would they put out a game with a subtitle before the first game which came out on a console before the Game Boy color even existed or they had the technology to create the games.

49ca1961f63c5405a6b0d26684abe4fa.png

Level 23
The Dark Eye: Drakensang
It's a German-based RPG in the vein of Baldur's Gate or Dragon Age: Origins. It seems awfully underrated in my experience, but is actually brilliant. The prequel will be out soon too, apparently.

Atrox
This was a very strange RTS that turned out to be a massive StarCraft clone. The back-story is the strangest ever written... I can only hope that the manual suffers from really bad translation problems. Otherwise, my brain really would dribble out my ears on reading it. And that's the thing -- there's quite a lot of backstory in the manual, and it's all totally batshit and sometimes borderline incoherent. Regardless, it has some pretty cool ideas and artwork in there.

Before Guitar games dominated the music video game world, Amplitude was king of music video games. An interesting rhythm game that let you put the tracks together pretty much anyway you want. Instead of choosing to play just 1 instrument you played all instrument by switching to whatever track you wanted to play, get 1 segment right and the track played on it's on which freed you up to move on to the next track you wanted to get started.

Basically the Rock Band for the Psp was a huge rip off of Amplitude.

Level 4
Romance of the three Kingdoms 7-11, great rpg/strategy games however subpar graphics make them relatively unknown. Epic storyline though.

Dynasty Warriors 2-6, great hack and slash games with also an epic storyline (actually is the same storyline that the Romance of the Three Kingdom games go on)

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Empire Earth 1 with its expansion (not 2 and 3).
This RTS was far from ballenced, but that alone made it so fun. The fact there was a dozen cool bugs to exploit. The fact AI cheated unbariably. The fact that you did not have any real limits on what to do made it so good. A nice compstomp could last 1-2 hours and you were not always garunteed to win, especially at harder difficulties. On top of that it was one of the earliest 3D RTS games and was prety advanced for its time supporting up to 1200 active units at any game without any lag even on painfully old and slow processors like pentium 2 or 3. In the end you would alway be happy, having killed hundreds of enemy units which were stronger than you and took less damage than you while losing only a fraction of that in the process due to tactics and stratergy. I call this the only true stratergy game were the right stratergy could make your troops multiple dozen times more effective. Never did win 4v4 hard AI mars, the AI was just so rigged. Also this game is the oldest I know of to have the "wars" style of gameplay now seen in WC3 as footman frenzy, even the spawns upgraded but based on kills directly.

Empires dawn of the modern world.
Well it aint suprising this game is here, its based on the exact same engine as the game above, empire earth, down to the map editor being exactly identical except this came out 3 or 4 years after it. This meant that the graphic engine had undergone a total overhaul to make it one of the best looking RTS games I have seen to this date with graphics unmaxable at the time. This time features included a new card like upgrade system which was prety cool and more predifined civilizations. On top of that you had the ability to totally remove the unit cap meaning battles could easilly grow to 1000s of units and still it performed well on mid P4 models with high frame rate at almost all times. The AI still cheated and kepts its damage and armor advantage over you as well as the random maps were still random. Games were also more dynamic encouraging aging up more and giving less unit choice but making them more effective. Each civilization was different and felt like a different RTS to play, with some going masses, some automation and some quality.
Most memerable part of this RTS was the king tiger tank, not even supreme commander has riveled its strength by having a unit so much stronger than every other unit in the game. The king tiger tank had 6000 base HP (yes as it gained rank it gained more to a max of 10K odd + self regeneration) and 500 base attack (yes it could be as high as 750) and godly armor. On top of that it was anti tank and building and had trample so infantry it could drive over and dealt like 1500 damage to everything else a shot. To put it in perspective 6 of them could kill over 100 troops and my brother once had armies of 100 odd. Air was their weakness and so made the ballenced as they could totally demolish them. All in all good times

Pharaoh
This game pails in this day and age but is the first of its kind I knew about that had what it had to offer. Basically its gameplay is totally identical to those city builders like the rome series, zeus series and any ones based on those ideas. It however as far as I can tell is the oldest that offered as much as it did with barable graphics. You basically built a city. You met objectives. You kept gods happy via paving the map with shrines. You made choices over missions which influenced the game. You made armies to defeat enemies. You rebuilt after desasters. Most important of all was that you kept your city alive, healthy and profitable. Each one of them was pretty simple and not a brain teaser, but all in all it lead to huge replayability of the missions for younger people and was not as easy to do well as one would think due to annoying but ballenced issues.

Level 27
Empire Earth 1 with its expansion (not 2 and 3).
This RTS was far from ballenced, but that alone made it so fun. The fact there was a dozen cool bugs to exploit. The fact AI cheated unbariably. The fact that you did not have any real limits on what to do made it so good. A nice compstomp could last 1-2 hours and you were not always garunteed to win, especially at harder difficulties. On top of that it was one of the earliest 3D RTS games and was prety advanced for its time supporting up to 1200 active units at any game without any lag even on painfully old and slow processors like pentium 2 or 3. In the end you would alway be happy, having killed hundreds of enemy units which were stronger than you and took less damage than you while losing only a fraction of that in the process due to tactics and stratergy. I call this the only true stratergy game were the right stratergy could make your troops multiple dozen times more effective. Never did win 4v4 hard AI mars, the AI was just so rigged. Also this game is the oldest I know of to have the "wars" style of gameplay now seen in WC3 as footman frenzy, even the spawns upgraded but based on kills directly.

Empires dawn of the modern world.
Well it aint suprising this game is here, its based on the exact same engine as the game above, empire earth, down to the map editor being exactly identical except this came out 3 or 4 years after it. This meant that the graphic engine had undergone a total overhaul to make it one of the best looking RTS games I have seen to this date with graphics unmaxable at the time. This time features included a new card like upgrade system which was prety cool and more predifined civilizations. On top of that you had the ability to totally remove the unit cap meaning battles could easilly grow to 1000s of units and still it performed well on mid P4 models with high frame rate at almost all times. The AI still cheated and kepts its damage and armor advantage over you as well as the random maps were still random. Games were also more dynamic encouraging aging up more and giving less unit choice but making them more effective. Each civilization was different and felt like a different RTS to play, with some going masses, some automation and some quality.
Most memerable part of this RTS was the king tiger tank, not even supreme commander has riveled its strength by having a unit so much stronger than every other unit in the game. The king tiger tank had 6000 base HP (yes as it gained rank it gained more to a max of 10K odd + self regeneration) and 500 base attack (yes it could be as high as 750) and godly armor. On top of that it was anti tank and building and had trample so infantry it could drive over and dealt like 1500 damage to everything else a shot. To put it in perspective 6 of them could kill over 100 troops and my brother once had armies of 100 odd. Air was their weakness and so made the ballenced as they could totally demolish them. All in all good times

Pharaoh
This game pails in this day and age but is the first of its kind I knew about that had what it had to offer. Basically its gameplay is totally identical to those city builders like the rome series, zeus series and any ones based on those ideas. It however as far as I can tell is the oldest that offered as much as it did with barable graphics. You basically built a city. You met objectives. You kept gods happy via paving the map with shrines. You made choices over missions which influenced the game. You made armies to defeat enemies. You rebuilt after desasters. Most important of all was that you kept your city alive, healthy and profitable. Each one of them was pretty simple and not a brain teaser, but all in all it lead to huge replayability of the missions for younger people and was not as easy to do well as one would think due to annoying but ballenced issues.

Wow, those were my favourites too when I had my old Pentium 3 PC!

Status
Not open for further replies.