• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Very Wierd Place We Live In...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Alright, this is not political and is only about the United States and proves our stupidity when it comes to choice. I recently got a "Book of Lists" and was reading it for 2 hours every night. When I finished, I was filled with weird stuff that the United States has... Here's a taste:

Weird U.S. City Names:

Chicken, Alaska
Show Low, Arizona
Hercules, California
Prunedale, California
Gunbarrel, Colorado
Chicken Head, Florida
Frostproof, Florida
Fruitville, Florida
Two Egg, Florida
Big Foot, Illinois
Goofy Ridge, Illinois
Roachtown, Illinois
Bald Head, Maine
Grosse Pointe, Michigan
Inkster, Michigan
Yazoo City, Mississippi
Frankenstein, Missouri
Lizard Lick, North Carolina
Kill Devil Hills, North Carolina
Pepper Pike, Ohio
Worstville, Ohio
Frogtown, Pennsylvania
Mars, Pennsylvania
Dentsville, South Carolina
Guys, I think Texas has some of the funniest names yet:
Ding Dong, Texas
Lollipop, Texas
Sugar Land, Texas

Now guys... I live in Ding Dong Texas... So I approve of this message.
I posted this because I though we all could use a little thing to cheer us up. I thought that almost nothing on this site could cheer anyone up... So I posted this to do the work. If you like these, I'll post up some more. I got these all right out of "The Book of Lists" Copyright 2003 by Shorline Publishing Group and have to give them credit for their works because this is some really funny stuff... Hope you guys liked it.

Abc

Abc

Level 5
ding dong, lmao,i just dont understand how they made that up.
sorry dude but its just ,ding dong, hahahahahaha.

Level 3
idont live a nywhere near here but here are some names in Newfoundland (Canada) that i found from the arrogant worms: A Night in dildo song:
groswater beach
woody point
come-by-chance
ferryland
gander
blackhead
blow-me-down(provical park)
whippet harbour
butter pot
quidi vidi
joe batt’s arm
placentia
cowhead
kilbride
hate bay
fogo

Seagull1723 said:
That's why moving to Japan would be better for me... really.

if your anything but Japanese, no. Japan is very, how should i say, 'inward looking'. they like they're own people, but no one else really. they'll let you in, but you won't be treated well.

.....*breathe*......I warned you.....*breathe*......*breathe*. :roll:

Level 12
DeadDogNoGoWoof said:
Seagull1723 said:
That's why moving to Japan would be better for me... really.

if your anything but Japanese, no. Japan is very, how should i say, 'inward looking'. they like they're own people, but no one else really. they'll let you in, but you won't be treated well.

.....*breathe*......I warned you.....*breathe*......*breathe*. :roll:

Guess that means China or somewhere in Europe (Canada would be better now.)

And by the way, I'm nothing of Japanese. Half-Chinease and Half-Okinawa (an island off from Japan.) But all Canadian. XD

If you think you know Japanese, then get over here to Hawaii. Everyday you could walk in those city streets and find a wedding for a Japanese couple (they like to do both weddings and honeymoons here.) And the Japanese... are quite weird like you said. Of course, I don't think they're too much on the unfriendly side, they're just... weird. *gasp*

Level 4
anyone mind if i add "hell, michigan" to that list? (i THINK its in michigan...) lol

the long named city i can pronounce... in my head. no where else. besides... when they say where they dcome from they prolly just say from "Llanfair" or w/e lol
gj on finding that teppana

and torn, what are you talking aboot(spelled wrong on purpose) you gotta make up your own? lol

hmm... I'm about to go see how far ding dong is from me... I"m in TX also :p (coopers cove, renamed copper cove back in like the 1800's, renamed copperas cove once it became a city i have no idea when)

has anyone seen that oooold McDonalds bag that says something like "we are around the world" then in small print it has like new york, new york. paris, texas. blah blah blah lol...

Status
Not open for further replies.