• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Varibles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I don't know if this is even in the right place I'm sorry if it isnt.

I'm trying to make a RPG and I'm trying to learn triggers. Right now I know basic triggers. (heh made a whole picking system with basic triggers). Now every time I have to pick something I always see the button "Edit Varibles" now I know what a varible is just I don't know how to use them correctly. Please help.

Level 19
Variables are like making notes. I can't think of a any good map that couldn't survive without them. If you push this "Edit variables" button you can start creating your own custom variables. You can create how many you want and need. The type of the variable you make is important. For example there are variables that store Integers, Reals, Booleans, Units and so on. Usually when an event happens people need to store some information. It's done by these variables in action section using trigger set variable=something. For example if you create a new unit via trigger, there is no other way to command it than using set unit type variable "killer"=last created unit. Now you can make orders for this "killer". I think you understand the point what I mean here, right? Variables store data that can be later on used in conditions or actions.

Status
Not open for further replies.