• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Variable- unit group to integer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
So what im trying to do is, make a system so that players cannot have more then X gold. in other words, theres a limit to how much gold a player can have, and that limit depends on how many buildings of unit type "bank" they have.

im new to variables. maybe what im trying to do wont work anyway.

The system i want though would look something like this

0 banks owned by player red - gold limit is 500
1 banks owned by player red - gold limit is 1000
2 banks owned by player red - gold limit 1500

This is what ive got so far...

Events: Player 1 [Red]'s Current gold becomes greater then 500

Conditions: VariableHere equal to 0

Actions: Set Player 1 [Red] Current gold to 500

not sure if im on the right track...so...

Any help or even a point in the right direction is much appreciated, i suck with variables...

Thanks...

Edit: the system i want is similar if not exact to the one in the map, missile war.

Last edited:
Level 4
Hey! Here is a trigger that sets the gold limit as you wanted. No variables needed.

• Untitled Trigger 002
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red)'s Current gold becomes Greater than (((Real((Number of living Town Hall units owned by Player 1 (Red)))) x 500.00) + 500.00)
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Player - Set Player 1 (Red) Current gold to (((Number of living Town Hall units owned by Player 1 (Red)) x 500) + 500)

Status
Not open for further replies.