• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Vantage trigger help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
i am making a fire emblem based map and i wanted to include a skill from that game called vantage, which basicaly when a unit gets attacked, it has a chance to strike it's oponent first.
i made a trigger based of legion commander's moment of courage, the closest thing i have to that, but it isn't working for some reason :sad:
anyway, here's the trigger:
trigger.png

Level 21
You can do it like that. Use Berserk ability. Create a buff called Vantage and apply it to the ability. Set the Movement Speed Increase and Damage Taken Increase to 0 and Attack Speed Increase to something like 7.00 (a high number). Set the duration to about 1.00. Then, using triggers, whenever a unit is attacked, you add Berserk ability to the attacked unit, you order it to cast it immediately and then remove the ability immediately. I tried this out myself and it worked!

Level 2
Thanks, i had to mess around with attack speed increase and duration until it worked correctly, but it works like a charm.
I'd also like to know about another ability i made, Astra, which basicaly gives a chance that the unit will attack 5 times in quick succession, i used a similiar trigger you gave me but changed event to unit starts the effect of an ability, but, suprisingly, it isn't working, can you help with that?

Level 2
  • Astra
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Astra
      • (Level of Astra for (Triggering unit)) Greater than 0
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Random percentage) Less than or equal to (((Real((Level of Astra for (Triggering unit)))) + ((Real((Agility of (Triggering unit) (Exclude bonuses)))) / 2.00)) + 0.00)
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Add Berserk to (Attacked unit)
          • Unit - Order (Attacked unit) to Orc Troll Berserker - Berserk
          • Unit - Remove Berserk from (Attacked unit)
        • Else - Actions
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Astra_Position)
i have no idea why it is not working, it uses the same base as the other one and functions almost the same way, btw it uses a diferent berserk ability with bigger duration

Status
Not open for further replies.