• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Vamp1r3's Extensive ORPG

Will this map be good and will I get to 1000+ items?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
wth lol triple post frenzy, and i doubt you will make 1k items. If you do good for you, but I wana see the game play good, not that you made 1k items.

Level 15
Nurga and NoAmmoSrry, you two should seriously stop flaming and writing off-topic in a ORPG development thread. It does neither you nor the map-maker any good. {EDIT ~Thread cleaned}

Now, back to the topic: This ORPG seens to have quite some potential, I am thoroughly amazed by the terrain (or at least the screenshot), I really like the atmosphere and the map could really go far.
However, 1000+ items is probably too much. Aim lower for maybe, 150? That's a decent target for a first release and its rather good. 1000 items would make people pull their hair out sometimes. Items are not everything, make lots of classes and you can make up for the items :D
Good luck. +rep

PS: I chose not to vote in the poll yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 4
Thanks :) I've redone the map because I didn't like the attachments so this way I can add more doodads and icons to it :). I'll aim for a lower item target and gradually increase it each update. On my new map I'm going to make a new underwater dungeon seeing as you like it so much xD. Also I'm using that Item creator :D.

Level 4
Those custom water doodads need to be placed carefully so they arent stacking and get layers which you can see and look bad.
make those brown trees a little bigger to

Level 7
Use tile variation in your terrain, aswell as fix your trees, they looked to clumped. Also the log seems out of place.

Level 4
I have done in the new update. I'm not at home though at the moment so I can't upload the new screenshot.

EDIT: Forgot, I've just added a new poison feature. Check it out at the top of the page.

Level 8
Don´t dubble post :) And if you wanna make a website, can you programming one by yourself or are you going to use a creator, like freewebs[dot]com or webs[dot]com ( I used Webs[dot]com to create my first website, but there is a new one, programmed one in production.

Level 4
Does anybody know if this map has a chance of having its own forum hosted by the hive? If not I'll create my own. But if this can I want to make it so I can create an item list, monster list etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.