• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

UV Mapping with Vertex Modify

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 20
i recently started modeling with Vertex Modify but im having problems when i try to skin my models...
i can only skin 1 side of the model only each time (front, top or left)
please take a look at the 2 models i attached and you will see what i mean...
i would really appreciate if somebody could help me on how to skin multiple sides with vertex modify or even post here a good tutorial...
thnx in advance and +rep for everyone that helps me!! :thumbs_up:

Attachments

• WoodenLogAtempt1.mdl
    3.1 KB · Views: 88
  • WoodenLogAtempt2.mdl
    3.2 KB · Views: 111
Level 17
The top, left, front options are there for convenience, they simply reposition the selected vertices as if seen from those points of view. You can (and should) still adjust the vertices by selecting and moving them manually.
Now, in your case you can't do that, because you welded all vertices, and that means all the faces are connected. So first of all, you need to separate them.

Select the top, clone and move it away; select the top again, go to Tools->Delete Face*. Repeat the same process for the bottom part. Now select the cloned areas and remap them. Move them back to fill the holes once you're done, and that's it.

*Delete Face is sort of bugged and may sometimes ruin the model, you'd better make a backup file and quit the program and reload after using it.

Level 20
The top, left, front options are there for convenience, they simply reposition the selected vertices as if seen from those points of view. You can (and should) still adjust the vertices by selecting and moving them manually.
Now, in your case you can't do that, because you welded all vertices, and that means all the faces are connected. So first of all, you need to separate them.

Select the top, clone and move it away; select the top again, go to Tools->Delete Face*. Repeat the same process for the bottom part. Now select the cloned areas and remap them. Move them back to fill the holes once you're done, and that's it.

*Delete Face is sort of bugged and may sometimes ruin the model, you'd better make a backup file and quit the program and reload after using it.
ok ill try it, thnx!! enable rep so i can give you +rep?? :grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.