• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Using 2 metamorphosis (i get it. "channel" it.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
So uhhmm...yeah. cant use 2 abilities like that
but when i look at channel its literally a bunch of nonsense. so im assuming you need to trigger with it to get channel to work (duh)
which leads me to my question

HOW DO YOU USE CHANNEL I MEAN SERIOUSLY THERE ARE ABOUT NO TUTORIAL AT ALL. the day i figure out how to use the editor at a professional level is the day i put out 500 tutorials, video format, on youtube. -_-

could i use crow/bear form instead? and somehow give it a "Summon" bar that drains down or whatever. seems easier than triggering channel.

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
Your abilities can't have the same order strings. When you attempt to cast an ability the casting unit is issued an order associated with that ability. If the unit has multiple abilities with the same order string then things go wrong because it can't cast all of them at once.

However, there are multiple morph abilities so you should be fine.
For example, Metamorphosis and Chemical Rage use two different order strings so they will work together.

When people suggest using the Channel ability it's because you can choose it's order string (Base Order Id). But the ability is simply a template which is meant to be paired with triggers. It's the "CUSTOM ABILITY", ability. There are posts on Hive with information regarding how it works, googling "hiveworkshop Channel ability" brought up several.

Last edited:
Level 9
Your abilities can't have the same order strings. When you attempt to cast an ability the casting unit is issued an order associated with that ability. If the unit has multiple abilities with the same order string then things go wrong because it can't cast all of them at once.

However, there are multiple morph abilities so you should be fine.
For example, Metamorphosis and Chemical Rage use two different order strings so they will work together.

When people suggest using the Channel ability it's because you can choose it's order string (Base Order Id). But the ability is simply a template which is meant to be paired with triggers. It's the 'CUSTOM ABILITY" ability. There are posts on Hive with information regarding how it works, googling "hiveworkshop Channel ability" brought up several.
yes i understand this i think few weeks ago you were even the one who explained it to me
anyhow. okay i will try chemical rage XP ...ooofff...forgot about that ability

Status
Not open for further replies.