1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

User Interface skinner needed !

Discussion in 'Texturing & Surfacing' started by randym4a1, Oct 21, 2004.

1. randym4a1

randym4a1

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hi there all modelers/skinners,,i wonder if anyone could help me make User Interface for my new map ?..cause of windows virus and crashed ..i lost all the modelin programs,,i really need help on new Interface for my new map not ,,not Wind and Cloud,,,im sure credit of the owner will be in the map,,if anyone please to help,,please PM me or email me at randy@asia.com thanks for everything !

2. CryptLord

CryptLord

Resources:
    Resources:
    Huh? :?

3. randym4a1

randym4a1

Resources:
    Resources:
    User Interface for custom map,, Duh? the custom for UI. what do you call them ? ..!

4. Saikann

Saikann

Resources:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    could you plz rephrase the first post, it doesn't make any coherent sense.

5. Eusira

Eusira

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    I think he means he wants the game interface changed. This means he wants like the frames and such, the things showing the inventory, time, unit queue, icon, portriat and minimap. I have two protoss interfaces currently--A gold one and the traditional one. I'll be happy to skin some interface for you as long as you abide to what I would consider a sane map. Not some ripped n00b-made map, but something with quality and detail.

If anyone has played Extreme AoS (i think) or some other map, I will submit my war zone map which is kind of bugged and up for grabs, it has the interface. You can also dl it here--Just look under Killst4r's skins

6. Sopho

Sopho

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    List the type of user interface you want in the requests forum.

REMEMBER - ONLY add them if its NECESSARY. Don't JUST ADD THEM to make your map " awesome " or " nice " because thats just pathetic. It will cluster your map's space and is not necessary in MOST cases. ONLY DO SO IF ITS really necessary!

7. randym4a1

randym4a1

Resources:
    Resources:

8. Sopho

Sopho

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Well, make they take up alot of space so the quality should be reduced and the interface may not be too detailed as they take up alot of space (I have tried skinning them and trying them out)

9. Eusira

Eusira

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    If he doesn't want his interface to be crappy, yes. Just lower resolution to the images. But, the average interface is 600 kb; the shrunken will be like 200. Still, be careful

10. Sopho

Sopho

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    The last tip is that reducing the quality of the .blp may affect your game because you may not like the reduced quality. Remember, if your going to put alot of details and still don't want to lose the quality, try reducing the map size with map tools.