1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The 15th Mini-Mapping Contest came to an end. The Secrets of Warcraft 3 are soon to be revealed! Come and vote in the public poll for your favorite maps.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The 12th incarnation of the Music Contest is LIVE! The theme is Synthwave. Knight Rider needs a song to listen to on his journey. You should definitely have some fun with this theme!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Join other hivers in a friendly concept-art contest. The contestants have to create a genie coming out of its container. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

[Campaign] Urban Legends of Draenor People

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by Majkowski, Jun 8, 2017.

1. Majkowski

Majkowski

Resources:
    Resources:
    I don't know if y'all remember me or if you remember what I was working on before I went silent for a year, so let me clue you in. Almost two years ago I posted here my first campaign which was named Urban Legends of Lordaeron People. For some time after the release I kept working on it and trying to improve it, until I lost all my interest in it. And because I didn't have the energy to keep working on it, I went on to another project of mine. It was called "The World of Peres" and it was my dream campaign. It took place in a world that I was carrying in my head since I was a little child. I was kinda proud of it, I enjoyed working on it and, most of all, it was the best thing I have ever created in Warcraft. But then, when I felt like nothing could ruin my determination and my good feeling from creating something what i was satisfied with, my laptop broke beyond repair and I lost literally all my files. I was angry and sad, I didn't want to see anything that would even remotely remind me of Warcraft. But now, I'm back, and I started working on something new once more.

I decided to do some kind of sequel to Urban Legends of Lordaeron People, but with orcs telling the stories, which I indicated at the end of ULLP will maybe happen. I haven't done much so far, I actually only completed the intro so far. And I have some ideas for the stories, but that's it so far. But, of course, I wil keep updating this thread with my progress. And by the way, if you get some kind of crazy idea for a story that could be told by an orc, tell me about it and I might include it in this campaign!

WHAT WILL IT BE ABOUT?
    In short, it will be about bunch of orcs telling each other some crazy stories that they either have experienced or just made up. You can also expect entertaining dialogue, original units and spells, maybe some easter eggs and much more.

SCREENSHOTS
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

PROGRESS
    Chapters

Intro - 100% DONE
    First story - 99% DONE
    Interlude 1 - 0% DONE
    Second story - 0% DONE
    Interlude 2 - 0% DONE
    Third story - 0% DONE
    Interlude 3 - 0% DONE
    Fourth story - 0% DONE
    Interlude 4 - 0% DONE
    Fifth story, part one - 0% DONE
    Fifth story, part two- 0% DONE
    Fifth story, part three - 0% DONE
    Outro - 0% DONE

Other stuff

Easter eggs - NOT DONE
    Dialogue/Story writing - ALMOST DONE
    Game Cache - NOT DONE
    Graphics (loading screens etc.) - NOT DONE
    Voice acting - NOT DONE (Maybe won't be done at all)

Last edited: Jul 22, 2017
  2. WarcraftLiterature

WarcraftLiterature

Resources:
    Resources:
    In celebration to that I am playing the first Urban Legends

3. Majkowski

Majkowski

Resources:
    Resources:
    That's great. Have fun! :D

4. Majkowski

Majkowski

Resources:
    Resources:
    Update time!
    So, since the first story is basically finished, I decided to post it here (intro included) as a "demo campaign", so you can check it out and tell me what you think. Ain't that great? I think it's great. Anyway, download it from the attached files!

Attached Files:

5. salvadorc17

salvadorc17

Resources:
    Resources:
    Cool story, i want to see some draenei campaign...

6. WarcraftLiterature

WarcraftLiterature

Resources:
    Resources:
    I love the idea of those stories, but this time told by Orcs! Going to check this demo out and see how it works.