• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Upload sound recordings in a separate archive

Status
Not open for further replies.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
If the sound files are out of the map, people will have to add them themselves. That's not really a good idea.
You could add the complete map file (with the sounds) and link to an incomplete one or add it as an upload next to it or in a post in the map's thread.

Level 25
Yes I would but then the map is like 350 MB and I cannot start it anymore in Warcraft. The player lobby doesn't even appear. I think there is a limit of 250 MB or something. The voice recordings are like 150 MB for so many dialogues. Reducing the quality will lead to it sounding like shit. For campaigns it was no problem and in classic/Frozen Throne it used to be a mod with an installer. I am also planning on adding more custom music and the music files are maybe rather big.

Aren't there any similar multiplayer projects with big extra data?

Status
Not open for further replies.