• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Upgrade Multi units

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Hello I need a help, I am doing a map on which I want to do an upgrade of several units per a single Upgrade

Orc Peon > Fel Orc Peon
Orc Grunt > Fel Orc Grunt
Orc Raider > Fel Orc Raider
Orc Kodo Beast > Fel Orc Kodo Beast
Orc Warlock > Fel Orc Warlock

What I need that after this upgrade get ready the units change, not only the units that are in the field, but the future too, to train in the Great Hall, Barracks, Spirit Lodge and Beastiary

thanks

Level 7
give the orc peon the ability "chaos - peon", the grunt the ability "chaos - grunt", and so on
they are standard abilities found at orc\units
then change the technology requirement of the ability to ur upgrade
this is kinda the same like the berserker upgrade of headhunters

Level 12
give the orc peon the ability "chaos - peon", the grunt the ability "chaos - grunt", and so on
they are standard abilities found at orc\units
then change the technology requirement of the ability to ur upgrade
this is kinda the same like the berserker upgrade of headhunters

in upgrade Bersker Troll, only it is possible to change one unit to train in a building

Level 7
ah now i got it
the way i suggested would change all existing and all newly trained orcs to fel orcs, but it wouldnt change the build icons in the buildings
looks like you have to trigger it then
do a trigger that fires when a player finishes the upgrade
the trigger has to disable the old units and enable the new units for the player
beside that you ofcourse have to do my first suggestion aswell, else ur existing units wont change

Level 7
ok lets go for it again:
1. create a copy of the troll berserker ability for each unittype that has to morph (peon, grunt, raider, etc...)
2. edit the abilities so that the peon ability changes the peon to fel peon, and so on
3. make the abilities require your upgrade
4. give each of the units its ability
when u have done these 4 steps all orcs of a player will morph to fel orcs and all trained orcs of that player will come out as fel orcs, right when the upgrade is done

the only thing missing is that the producing structures still show the old icons, though they train fel orcs
to fix that you have to create a trigger that fires when a player finishes the upgrade
the trigger has to disable the normal orcs for that player and enable the fel orcs
allright?

Level 12
ok lets go for it again:
1. create a copy of the troll berserker ability for each unittype that has to morph (peon, grunt, raider, etc...)
2. edit the abilities so that the peon ability changes the peon to fel peon, and so on
3. make the abilities require your upgrade
4. give each of the units its ability
when u have done these 4 steps all orcs of a player will morph to fel orcs and all trained orcs of that player will come out as fel orcs, right when the upgrade is done

the only thing missing is that the producing structures still show the old icons, though they train fel orcs
to fix that you have to create a trigger that fires when a player finishes the upgrade
the trigger has to disable the normal orcs for that player and enable the fel orcs
allright?

I think I got it. But how do I do this last process for exchanging the icons you have how to make a demo, so I see how it is?

Sorry for the delay in responding
I walk with problems on the internet

Level 7
  • trigger
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Finishes an upgrade
    • Conditions
      • (Researched tech-type) Equal to <your upgrade>
    • Actions
      • Player - Make Peon unavailable for training/construction by (Owner of (Triggering unit))
      • Player - Make Fel-Orc-Peon available for training/construction by (Owner of (Triggering unit))
      • Player - Make Grunt unavailable for training/construction by (Owner of (Triggering unit))
      • Player - Make Fel-Orc-Grunt available for training/construction by (Owner of (Triggering unit))
      • and so on...
the event is a general unit event
the condition is a techtype comparison
the actions are player actions

Level 12
  • trigger
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Finishes an upgrade
    • Conditions
      • (Researched tech-type) Equal to <your upgrade>
    • Actions
      • Player - Make Peon unavailable for training/construction by (Owner of (Triggering unit))
      • Player - Make Fel-Orc-Peon available for training/construction by (Owner of (Triggering unit))
      • Player - Make Grunt unavailable for training/construction by (Owner of (Triggering unit))
      • Player - Make Fel-Orc-Grunt available for training/construction by (Owner of (Triggering unit))
      • and so on...
the event is a general unit event
the condition is a techtype comparison
the actions are player actions

Thanks for the help friend
Thanks for the help, I am very bad at making triggers

Status
Not open for further replies.