• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

UPGRADABLE SELLING TAVERNS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hi guys, with this post I would like to ask you for help about creating a tavern-like unit that allows you to buy units, but in proportion to the progress of the game.

The Ideal would be a tavern that allows you to sell 12 different units, but that these are only available as you proceed in the game.

While you might think of easy solutions like creating multiple taverns with different soldable units associated, unfortunately I can't do this since the taverns in question are 63, and each sells 12 types of units.

However, it would be sufficient to understand how to make 1, to solve the problem. ;)

Level 9
They are used when an upgrade has more than one upgrade levels. Like a unit could require "Iron Forged Swords" and then level could specify that it actually needed the third level of that upgrade if you put number three in the "Requirements - level" field.

If your case you can make a custom upgrade named something like "Game Length 30 mins". Then make those heroes that can be bought only after 30 mins require that upgrade. Then make a trigger with an event "Time elapsed 30 mins" and increase the level of that upgrade for all players via the trigger function "Set research level for player".

Level 4
They are used when an upgrade has more than one upgrade levels. Like a unit could require "Iron Forged Swords" and then level could specify that it actually needed the third level of that upgrade if you put number three in the "Requirements - level" field.

If your case you can make a custom upgrade named something like "Game Length 30 mins". Then make those heroes that can be bought only after 30 mins require that upgrade. Then make a trigger with an event "Time elapsed 30 mins" and increase the level of that upgrade for all players via the trigger function "Set research level for player".

Thank you, you have been very explicative, but for better comprehension, my game is structured in such way:

Any time you win a battle, you unlock a Code; When you enter this code, you unlock the "next upgrade", that allows the taverns to sell a new type of unit. Now, since i have 750 types of unit (750 battles), i should create 750 customu upgrades, o a single upgrade with 750 levels. Actually i'm making this, but i would know if ther could be a clever solution for this purpose.

Level 12
Are the units bought or trained? I haven't checked recently, so I could be wrong, but I think buying/selling units (and items) ignores tech tree requirements. (The exception to this is player-owned shops because they use "items made" instead of "items sold", but there's no such thing for units. Or actually there's another exception, the actual hero tavern, but I'm pretty sure it only works on heroes and not regular units.)

Anyway... Like Dr Super Good already mentioned, you should be able to use:
  • Neutral Building - Add Footman to (Triggering unit) with 0 in stock and a max stock of 1
And if you absolutely want to show what units will be available in the future (and their requirements), then make an ability and another unit for each one. Give the abilities the same name and icon as the units they're meant to represent, name the extra unit to whatever you want the requirement to be (e.g. "Unlocks at 30 minutes of ingame time.", "Castle", "Kill 20 zerglings." or whatever kind of requirement you have.), then set this unit as the tech tree requirement for the ability.

Then all the shops will show these grayed-out icons with requirements to unlock their respective units, and later when you add the actual units to be sold you simply have to remove the respective ability from the shop.

Level 4
Anyway... Like Dr Super Good already mentioned, you should be able to use:
  • Neutral Building - Add Footman to (Triggering unit) with 0 in stock and a max stock of 1

This could be a better solution, but this function only allows the user to create a tavern that sells 11 units? tried to use this function:

Neutral Building - Limit Unit Slots - Limit triggering unit to 12 slots"

but doesn't solve the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.