• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Updating Wacraft3 TFT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Hello guys i decided to update my WC3 TFT because older patches doesn't really work that much anymore so my question is does this update together with my World editor? And others suggested i should make backup files just in case but what should i put in the backup files?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Hello guys i decided to update my WC3 TFT because older patches doesn't really work that much anymore so my question is does this update together with my World editor?
Warcraft III Reforged, the current version of Warcraft III client that includes RoC, TFT and Reforged content, is downloaded and installed using the BattleNet application. It will update both the client and World Editor. As long as your RoC CD Key is attached to your BattleNet 2.0 account you will have access to both the RoC and TFT in game content. In game Reforged content requires a Reforged licence. Either licence will grant full access to World Editor which supports both classic and Reforged content, although Reforged licence will be required to test Reforged content created with it.

It might be a good idea to backup (copy) your Warcraft III install directory in case you want to revert it due to compatibility or performance reasons. This would save the hassle down the line of finding an old version from someone else. If after a while you have no problems with the updated version and do not see yourself returning to the old version you can delete this copy.

The update is quite large. Expect to download ~20 GB of data. Sadly there is no option for "classic only" which would cut the install size down to ~2 GB. This is a frequently requested feature.

Level 12
Warcraft III Reforged, the current version of Warcraft III client that includes RoC, TFT and Reforged content, is downloaded and installed using the BattleNet application. It will update both the client and World Editor. As long as your RoC CD Key is attached to your BattleNet 2.0 account you will have access to both the RoC and TFT in game content. In game Reforged content requires a Reforged licence. Either licence will grant full access to World Editor which supports both classic and Reforged content, although Reforged licence will be required to test Reforged content created with it.

How do I add my cd-keys to the reforged client so I can change to classic? Or should they have been transferred automatically?

I have searched the app and from battlenet site while logged in and couldn't find anything.

Since I installed reforged (on the day it was launched) it ate all my old maps, destoyed my folders and never seen option to change to classic. (On Windows 7 64-bit)

I even searched the trash bin for my old folders containing maps and downloaded content and everything was gone.

EDIT: I have very very old Roc and TFT cds with the cd-keys still included.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
If you own a Reforged licence you have access to both RoC and TFT content as well. I forget to mention that in the above post.
How do I add my cd-keys to the reforged client so I can change to classic? Or should they have been transferred automatically?
They are added to your BattleNet account. This is then used to login to Warcraft III, like all modern Blizzard games. No off-line copy of the CD keys will be kept after updating as the licence check is performed at an account level on the Blizzard servers.
Since I installed reforged (on the day it was launched) it ate all my old maps, destoyed my folders and never seen option to change to classic. (On Windows 7 64-bit)
If you own Reforged then it will default to Reforged graphics. Classic graphics can be enabled from the game options. If you only own RoC then it will default to classic graphics. Both use the same main menu, melee and custom game search.
EDIT: I have very very old Roc and TFT cds with the cd-keys still included.
Only the RoC needs to be added to your BattleNet 2.0 account.

I believe the following support article explains how. It should still be relevant as it was updated last year.
How to Claim a Code

Level 12
If you own Reforged then it will default to Reforged graphics. Classic graphics can be enabled from the game options. If you only own RoC then it will default to classic graphics. Both use the same main menu, melee and custom game search.

Yea got it with a fresh install. Is there a way to use the world editor with classic graphics?

Status
Not open for further replies.