• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Updated maps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Sooo yeah I've noticed something about updated maps...
There's a bunch of them being updated every day.
Personally I don't think it's fair to the people who are new to mapping and are submitting a map for the very first time.

Consider this...you're a new mapper, you will make the most awesome map ever in the future, but nobody has time to dl your map because its at the bottom of the list by the end of the hour. Maybe you don't get enough people to comment the map and hence, you are now in bad shape because you have no critics and your map goes nowhere...so instead of getting the greatest map ever, you get absolute crap.

I personally update my map once a day just so it will show up at the top (yeah I'll admit it) but lately I've noticed that the main "new" resources page is only updated maps. Maybe the site should have a limit to times being able to update per week...like I know of at least one person who will update their map every hour or so and repost it and its quite annoying.

Level 32
Well said Amish_KOTP!

It's wise to not underestimate just how childish, self-serving and shameless some people will act while trying to promote their creations (good, bad, or indifferent) at the expense of honest users who simply submit their resource to the community and let the chips fall where they may.

As ever, the resource section is under redevelopment by our webmaster. The new upload and search features will be far more useful and powerful. The model section will be the first to undergo the (soon, I hope) refit. I know that Ralle will take your concerns in this thread close to heart and considerer implementing a system that will sort the latest resources by approval date, not last author update.

Level 16
like I know of at least one person who will update their map every hour or so and repost it and its quite annoying.

If there are such people, report them and they will be dealt with.

I personally update my map once a day just so it will show up at the top (yeah I'll admit it) but lately I've noticed that the main "new" resources page is only updated maps.

Thanks for reporting yourself, what kind of punishment would you like?

Level 6
If there are such people, report them and they will be dealt with.

Thanks for reporting yourself, what kind of punishment would you like?
I'm no rat...and what will you do to deal with them? Nothing will stop them other than simply banning them for a week or whatever. I personally will stop doing this but update maybe once a week or so...basically when i find something incredibly bad because I realize that it is childish and it stops others from getting their maps out.

Status
Not open for further replies.